Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

Payment on SE

    • 204 posts
    April 15, 2021 2:15 PM EDT

    Hello.

    We have a few questions regarding payments:

    We have installed 1 recurrent payment plan.
    Here is the configuration:

    Actived ?
    Yes, members may select this plan.

    Show on signup?
    No, only show this plan after signup.

    Show after signup?
    Yes, show this plan after signup.

    Default Plan?
    No, this is not the default plan.

    Now when a member signs up, a page is displayed with the subscriptions.
    However, we have deactivated: No, only show this plan after signup.

    How to ensure that this subscription page does not appear at registration but only when the member decides in the SUBSCRIBE section of the profile.

    Thank you in advance.

     

    • 204 posts
    April 15, 2021 2:27 PM EDT

     

    Worse.

    When trying to change a subscription plan, (For example, put NO on "Show after signup?") an error is displayed after validation :

    Reminders for Emails & Notifications
    Please pick a number greater than '0'

    (While when editing the plan the value 0 is entered in this field).

    The field is not empty, but it considers it to be empty.

    ----------------

    Finally, a question: Can we delete a plan without having a problem?

    This section is very important to monetize a site ...

    Thank you in advance

    • Moderator
    • 5579 posts
    April 16, 2021 8:23 AM EDT

    Make sure your registration settings don't have the setting enabled to show subscriptions.

    If you want to disable a subscription you can do that. Here is the tutorial, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5210564/se-php-plans

    You need to pick a number greater than 0 if you enable the reminders for emails.

     

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 10:52 AM EDT

    The problem is that it is impossible to edit a plan and validate it after transformation. It does not work.

    And worse, visitors can no longer register without falling on a subscription page which is counterproductive.

     

    • Moderator
    • 5579 posts
    April 16, 2021 11:34 AM EDT
    Donna said:

    Make sure your registration settings don't have the setting enabled to show subscriptions.

    If you want to disable a subscription you can do that. Here is the tutorial, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5210564/se-php-plans

    You need to pick a number greater than 0 if you enable the reminders for emails.

     

    You need to check the above. If you don't have subscriptions enabled in the registration settings, they won't show. If you disable the subscription that has a problem, it won't be active. You can then create your subscriptions the way you want them. 

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 11:38 AM EDT

    However, we have test a payment
    Error message...

    Sorry !
    We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form.
    Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.
    Error Code: be01fb

    However, we have other sites where it works perfectly. Do you know why we are getting this error message?

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 11:45 AM EDT
    I set this section to:

    -------------------------
    Choose Subscription Plan

    Do you want your users to be able to choose a subscription plan upon signup?

    • Yes, give users the option to choose upon signup.
    • No, do not allow users to choose upon signup.
    -------------------------

    We prefer not to see subscriptions displayed during registration.

    Do you think this is correct?

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:02 PM EDT

    We have choose

    • No, do not allow users to choose upon signup.

    PS : We are unable to edit our posts on this forum to correct them .... is it normal?

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:39 PM EDT
    Lovea said:

    However, we have test a payment
    Error message...

    Sorry !
    We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form.
    Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.
    Error Code: be01fb

    However, we have other sites where it works perfectly. Do you know why we are getting this error message?

     

    This part is ok now... Just a setting on Paypal

    • Moderator
    • 5579 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:52 PM EDT
    Lovea said:
    Lovea said:

    However, we have test a payment
    Error message...

    Sorry !
    We are currently experiencing some technical issues. Please try again or report this to your site administrator using the contact form.
    Administrator: Please check the error log in your admin panel for more information regarding this error.
    Error Code: be01fb

    However, we have other sites where it works perfectly. Do you know why we are getting this error message?

     

    This part is ok now... Just a setting on Paypal

    Can you let us know what setting at PayPal? It could help other clients that get the same issue.

    • Moderator
    • 5579 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:53 PM EDT

    We don't allow post editing here to preserve posts in case of disputes. 

    As for the setting for registration it looks fine so they must not be seeing it on registration but right after registration. You may want to have a default subscription set up even if it's just a free one. They can choose the free one or the paid ones.

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:58 PM EDT
    Donna said:

    We don't allow post editing here to preserve posts in case of disputes. 

    ..

    Sorry, i don't understand ...

    Otherwise, we have another site where it works fine. Members can enter without seeing subscription plans displayed after registration. The two configurations are identical.

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 1:04 PM EDT
    Lovea said:
    Donna said:

    We don't allow post editing here to preserve posts in case of disputes. 

    ..

    Sorry, i don't understand ...

     

    Ahhhh ok... Thanks a lot Donna, i understand !

    • 204 posts
    April 16, 2021 3:04 PM EDT

    We have thought about it and we have decided to only initiate the payments when it is necessary.

    We also remember that this setting (No display of subscriptions immediately after registration) had been set by SEA https://socialapps.tech/ our official supplier for SE Addons.
    We will work with them to resolve this issue.

    Thanks again Donna for your help and advice.

    We love you !