How to enable and use FTP storage ?

• 6 posts
    April 19, 2021 5:26 PM EDT

Hello guys,

I need little bit info from the SE experts or experienced users related to the storage setup.

We simply tried to add the FTP as storage but not working. Any one using FTP as a storage then please let me know how to do that. And yes we put all the details correctly and even SE is creating folders at ftp when we try to add pics etc but not uploading the pics/videos there.

Secondly how to add Amazon s3 Region other than the one already showing in the list shown when we try to add S3 location from admin panel. How to remove that restrictions and add new regions. We want to add s3 storage Region Asia pacific Mumbai.

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2021 7:58 AM EDT

Here is the tutorial for using the storage system, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145112/se-php-storage-system and we are currently working on a bug with external SSH storage for systems other than Amazon. It works fine with Amazon.

You would need to do a customization to add a region. We do have it in our list as someone asked last year. It is a major change and something we will be improving.

• 6 posts
    April 20, 2021 6:00 PM EDT

@Donna really thanks for the reply and the tutorial but we are already familiar with the storage setup mentioned in the link.  We are actually looking add another S3 region and enable FTP/SSH storage. Binding with amazon storage will be a negative point for SE as it is lot more expensive than other S3 compatible storage providers available in the market like black blaze, targrade and others. So it will be great if we can add an S3 compatible storage option where user can use other S3 compatible or ssh storage.

Hope we will be able to use the SSH/FTP storage soon.

• 6923 posts
    April 21, 2021 4:57 AM EDT

Yes I know you want to have external S3 compatible. So does BryZar, our recommended host who reported the bug to us as they have their own external storage options. We also need it for our managed SEPHP service which is at BryZar also. We are working on a patch we hope to release soon.

As for adding a region, did you search this forum? I believe it is possible there's a post where someone else did it. If not, you can get with a third party expert to get a customization but you would want it as a plugin and not source edits as we don't recommend editing source files.

• 6 posts
    July 18, 2021 5:44 PM EDT

Any update regarding this issue mate ?

• 6923 posts
    July 19, 2021 7:55 AM EDT

Yes it was fixed per the release notes. You'll want to keep an eye on releases as the fixed bugs are listed.It is working for BryZar external storage so I'm sure it will work for your external storage that you want to use.