Where are issues now supposed to be posted?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:27 PM EDT

1.  Where are issues now supposed to be posted? 

2.  Is there a format you prefer like github had?

3.  Is the 64 char limit for topic title up for discussion?  I realize the point in shorter rather than longer of course.

Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:31 PM EDT
    gs said:

1.  Where are issues now supposed to be posted? 

2.  Is there a format you prefer like github had?

3.  Is the 64 char limit for topic title up for discussion?  I realize the point in shorter rather than longer of course.

Thanks.

Our blog mentioned to post them in our forum we made for Issues. We also have one for features. In the issues section (and features section) is a stickied post saying how to post in those sections.

We've not changed anything in regards to how the topic titles work.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:38 PM EDT

BTW - I just referred to github to look at the format for posting issues (in order to post one here) and although I could see issues listed, after selecting each one I tried, the 'page not found' message appeared.  After searching a little further, I found a link where new issues are to be posted here at the community.  The problem with that is that after selecting that link (https://community.socialengine.com/forums/9/issue-reports) I received the 'Private Page' message, so I was unable to post anything.

What am I doing wrong that I can't even post a message here, and was testing prior to setting up this Forum and somewhat closing github performed thoroughly?

Thank you.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:38 PM EDT

Sounds good to me.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:41 PM EDT

Thanks for the reply Donna (you posted while I was creating a post).

RE: Item#03 64Char limit "We've not changed anything in regards to how the topic titles work."

- Does the above mean that out-of-the-box SE Forums limits Topics to 64 chars?

BTW - the 'issue section' link you provided is the same one I tried from the info at github, and they both are the same and pull up the 'Private Page' issue I previously mentioned.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:44 PM EDT

I had no idea we had the ability to set title character limits in Social Engine.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:51 PM EDT
    gs said:

BTW - I just referred to github to look at the format for posting issues (in order to post one here) and although I could see issues listed, after selecting each one I tried, the 'page not found' message appeared.  After searching a little further, I found a link where new issues are to be posted here at the community.  The problem with that is that after selecting that link (https://community.socialengine.com/forums/9/issue-reports) I received the 'Private Page' message, so I was unable to post anything.

What am I doing wrong that I can't even post a message here, and was testing prior to setting up this Forum and somewhat closing github performed thoroughly?

Thank you.

If you hadn't selected the subscription when you joined then that would be the reason. Free subscriptions mentioned in the blog.I'll go check your account.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 1:53 PM EDT

I found the issue. The Client permission for the forum had removed when we migrated over or when we changed something. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:00 PM EDT

Donna - Please remove this post --> http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/29/disabling-plugin-doesn-t-actually-disable-it-completely/view/post_id/196

I created it prior to the fix you just mentioned and am in the process of reposting properly

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:02 PM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

I had no idea we had the ability to set title character limits in Social Engine.

I don't know if that's true or not - the reply was only that nothing has changed (I don't know what the 'nothing' is).  I can't test either as SE Forums was recently removed from my site since I have replaced it with a 3rd-Party Forum Plugin.

This post was edited by gs at July 8, 2017 2:03 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:06 PM EDT
    gs said:

Donna - Please remove this post --> http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/29/disabling-plugin-doesn-t-actually-disable-it-completely/view/post_id/196

I created it prior to the fix you just mentioned and am in the process of reposting properly

I moved it to the right area.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:07 PM EDT
    gs said:

Thanks for the reply Donna (you posted while I was creating a post).

RE: Item#03 64Char limit "We've not changed anything in regards to how the topic titles work."

- Does the above mean that out-of-the-box SE Forums limits Topics to 64 chars?

BTW - the 'issue section' link you provided is the same one I tried from the info at github, and they both are the same and pull up the 'Private Page' issue I previously mentioned.

IIRC, the limit is a database limit but let me go see if that's something we were able to adjust.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:09 PM EDT
    gs said:
    Elshara Silverheart said:

I don't know if that's true or not - the reply was only that nothing has changed (I don't know what the 'nothing' is).  I can't test either as SE Forums was recently removed from my site since I have replaced it with a 3rd-Party Forum Plugin.

I remember you mentioning something about that. I've seen some cool alternatives out there. I prefer to keep as few plugins as possible just because I believe in the core as a product the most. Even though I'm not against testing every plugin there is.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:11 PM EDT

Ok it's a hard coded limit. I've asked if that's something we fixed in the script or edited for here. 

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:19 PM EDT

The forums module and perhaps profile information module are the two most frequently ignored modules as far as back end code for social engine is concerned in my opinion.

• 6923 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:21 PM EDT

We'll be making improvements after bugs are taken care of. 4.9.3 is a focus on getting rid of bugs and making some small improvements. Then we'll move on to more improvements and new features. laughing Polls will be coming for things once we're ready as we want feedback from everyone.

• 629 posts
    July 8, 2017 2:28 PM EDT

Yay Polls!

Marko, Pollo! lol Mission - Oh-pollo ... exploration and Nasa reference parody.