crontab for ffmpeg

• 43 posts
    April 27, 2021 11:38 AM EDT

Is there anyone who knows how to setup the Crontab for ffmpeg in directadmin there's not much help from my hosting provider :/?

• 6923 posts
    April 27, 2021 1:00 PM EDT

Sorry I do not know as BryZar sets up the ffmpeg for clients on their hosting and I've never had to do it myself. Perhaps if you check the ffmpeg documents they may say there?

• 43 posts
    April 28, 2021 9:35 AM EDT

hello donna it want the path to the directory https://ibb.co/b1YJMmg do you eventually know what i should insert here?

• 6923 posts
    April 28, 2021 10:27 AM EDT

You would need to ask the host for that as each host is different. It depends on where they installed ffmpeg.

• 43 posts
    April 29, 2021 1:31 AM EDT
    Donna said:

You would need to ask the host for that as each host is different. It depends on where they installed ffmpeg.

Ohh so its the path to ffmpeg? i i've found that if that is the path to the ffmpeg.

my next question what's the normal standard for specific dates and times to running the ffmpeg? If you eventually know that

Do not java script and socket run automatically every time someone uploads something? 

• 6923 posts
    April 29, 2021 4:57 AM EDT

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The SEPHP script has a task manager that does things. Are you trying to set the cron for that? If so, it gives you the specifics for the cron. I've never had to set any of the stuff you are doing. All I do is take the cron settings from SEPHP admin and put it in the cron. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5145127/se-php-task-scheduler

• 43 posts
    April 29, 2021 9:31 AM EDT

im trying to setup ffmpeg https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5505096 and i have to run it through crontab 

• 43 posts
    April 29, 2021 9:49 AM EDT

I've been following this guide https://simplywebservices.net/whmcs/knowledgebase/183/How-to-setup-a-Cron-Job-in-DirectAdmin.html

but i dont know what i should type in in these boxes ? for example in the box called "command" 

• 6923 posts
    April 29, 2021 11:24 AM EDT

That article is also showing the task scheduler and says that you should set the task scheduler to cron as I linked above. when you choose cron in the admin settings in your sephp website, it gives you the command to put in the command line. copy it and add it. 

• 43 posts
    April 30, 2021 12:51 AM EDT
    Donna said:

That article is also showing the task scheduler and says that you should set the task scheduler to cron as I linked above. when you choose cron in the admin settings in your sephp website, it gives you the command to put in the command line. copy it and add it. 

on this page?

• 6923 posts
    April 30, 2021 4:18 AM EDT

Yes once you set it, the details show above where you did the screenshot.

• 43 posts
    April 30, 2021 6:15 AM EDT

i get this message

• Please set one of the the following commands to run in crontab or the windows task scheduler about every 1 minute:

Requires wget command line utility (Linux-only):
      "echo $(wget -O - 'http://sindo.dk/utility/tasks?key=019f617d¬rigger=1') 2>&1 >> '/home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/temporary/log/tasks.log'"

Requires php command line utility (check that php-cli is installed and set up correctly):
      "echo $(php -f '/home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/application/cli.php' 'controller=utility,action=tasks,key=019f617d,notrigger=1') 2>&1 >> '/home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/temporary/log/tasks.log'"​

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at May 5, 2021 4:58 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    April 30, 2021 6:50 AM EDT

Yes you need to add that as the command. One of those. Whichever your server uses, I am not a server expert. For BryZar, we use wget. Ask your host which one to use. 

• 43 posts
    April 30, 2021 9:29 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Yes you need to add that as the command. One of those. Whichever your server uses, I am not a server expert. For BryZar, we use wget. Ask your host which one to use. 

its not linux server but the other one 

but what part of the command should i use.

Shall i use this part ? "home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/temporary/log/tasks.log"

• 6923 posts
    May 5, 2021 5:01 AM EDT

YOu use the entire command. Perhaps change hosts to one that will help you. You have to use the entire command for the one you need for your server.

I deleted your post as you didn't follow the posted rules in regards to posting code. It needs to be in code tags which is explained in our forum rules. Please use the button that is to the right of the smiley button when posting code. If the server is not linux, then you need to use the following one but you need cli. Also, make sure your server is not windows. SEPHP does not work on windows.

Requires php command line utility (check that php-cli is installed and set up correctly):
    echo $(php -f '/home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/application/cli.php' 'controller=utility,action=tasks,key=019f617d,notrigger=1') 2>&1 >> '/home/admin/domains/sindo.dk/public_html/temporary/log/tasks.log'
    • 43 posts
    May 7, 2021 3:57 AM EDT
    Donna said:

YOu use the entire command. Perhaps change hosts to one that will help you.

Thats not possible for me, only few host providers truly respect freedom of speech which is my theme for my social media website is about.

I deleted your post as you didn't follow the posted rules in regards to posting code. It needs to be in code tags which is explained in our forum rules. Please use the button that is to the right of the smiley button when posting code.

In mobile mode there's no menu for that also it would be nice if there was a preview button, so one can check the comment before commenting.
    • 43 posts
    May 27, 2021 7:56 AM EDT

Hello again i've been trying too run this script but nothing works 

• 6923 posts
    May 27, 2021 8:23 AM EDT

You should look at managed hosting or pay a third party expert to set it up on your hosting. Or, perhaps your host offers configuration for a small fee.