Package manager login issue

• May 7, 2021 5:24 PM EDT
    Hello,
    I have a problem with the package manager login on SE 5.5
    Everytime I try to upgrade packages the admin password input to the package manager login refreshes . So I have no access to package manager .

I wonder if this is a bug. Any tips

I checked the file permissions and corrected what I could but it didn't work .
    • 6923 posts
    May 7, 2021 5:42 PM EDT

Are you logged in to your site with the super admin user? Only the super admin user can get into the package manager. Also, if you see the login even though you are logged in as super admin, sometimes it just needs you to log in with the original super admin user for the package manager page. 

The only bug I know of that was reported and is on the list to fix is the one I just mentioned. The package manager page sometimes needs the original super admin login. So, if you changed the super admin login email or password, you'll need to use whatever it was originally. That bug is being fixed.

If that is not your issue, then you need to check your hosting account to ensure mod_sec is not enabled, open_basedir is not enabled, PHP version 7.2 is on the server, and that you are not using FCGI on the server. Also ensure that permissions are fine: https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions

This site uses SEPHP 5.5 and I have no issue accessing the package manager.

• May 8, 2021 6:55 AM EDT
    Hello,
    Donna . This problem was solved by bryzar

It looks like issue with the Nginx caching.
    We disabled now the proxy buffer

"proxy_buffering off;
    proxy_request_buffering off;"

I hope this helps others

• 6923 posts
    May 8, 2021 7:00 AM EDT

Thank you for posting the solution as it could help others.