Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

[A]Minimize widgets on mobile browser

• 300 posts
    May 10, 2021 2:09 PM EDT

Hei Donna.

Just a kwik feature request. if possible before V6 release.

Please if possible could Tabs, Subject links such as: SE Modules / plugins be converted to Minimize capability like the mobile main menu.

Reason: When on my Cell Phone / Mobile Phone like most people, modules / plugins take up lots of screen space.

By making them minimize ( like the main menu) would save space.

At the moment, members have to scroll down past features before getting to the 'Whats New' . the most common feature on member home page where most people head for first..

Ive cut some features off for now to try and keep the 'whats new' closer to the top of the page.

Many Thanks

mikel

• 5720 posts
    May 11, 2021 5:39 AM EDT

Do you have a screenshot of what you mean to do? If you are meaning to put widgets in a clickable thing, you can also disable widgets on mobile unless that doesn't work. I hadn't tried it lately. There are also options in the layout editor for pages in mobile.

• 300 posts
    May 11, 2021 2:26 PM EDT

Hei Donna.

Ive checked the 'layout editor'. all the options i can do is, show or not show on mobile version. which is not what i am looking for.

This is a screenshot of my mobile phone. Like most users / members, its the mobile phone ( cell phone) that is used the most, Laptops and ipads are 2nd place and Desktop Pcs are 3rd in the list of how my site is accessed..

So when members access the Member Home Page this is what they see.

Members have to scroll past all of the topics before getting to the 'Whats New' / 'Post Something'.

request:   Similar as to how 'Whats New' on Member Profiles page.

Do the same thing on Member Home Page. Ive created a screenshot of what i mean.

Ok, So now imaging that this is on member home page. with the collapsible heading' What's Trending' and them 3 little lines.

This feature would free up screen space for mobile / cell phones. Making things better.

hope this helps.

Many thanks

Mikel.

• 5720 posts
    May 12, 2021 5:01 AM EDT

So you want it to be like the mobile app? Have you thought about using the mobile apps? 

• 300 posts
    May 12, 2021 1:46 PM EDT

Hei Donna

I thought about Using Mobile Apps...

But i dont want the trouble and problems and endless email debates over days and weeks to resolve issues and problems that i should not have had in the first place and other problems i had last time. From what i read from other members, not much has changed with the Devs.

Im just going to keep my site simple , lite and use only SE Plugins and Modules. This way i know things will work and issues will get resolved fast.

Thanks Donna

mikel.

• 5720 posts
    May 13, 2021 7:37 AM EDT

Ok we will have to look at this and see what we can do. It might have to be after we release v6.

• 300 posts
    May 13, 2021 11:14 AM EDT

Hei Donna.

Thanks.

After V6 is what i expected. Makes sense. no point upgrading v5 too much when working on v6.

Thanks Donna.

mikel.