Where Do I Modify This Widget?

• 233 posts
    May 11, 2021 3:42 PM EDT

Hi all

Wish to do the following to reduce customer confusion ...

• Change "Sign In Or Join" to "Sign In (Or Click Join)"
    • Put Sign In and Join button on same line with "or" between them?

Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    May 12, 2021 5:08 AM EDT

We removed the click from the Join as it was causing confusion for many. Since these are aligned this way for better view in any device, you'll want to consider the ramifications for small devices if you put them inline. If you only want to change the phrase for "Sign In(or click join" you can do that in the language phrase manager. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5308928/se-php-language-manager but your widget looks like the old widget. Here's how it looks on the demo:

• 6923 posts
    May 12, 2021 5:12 AM EDT

Can you let me know what theme and landing page you are using?

• 233 posts
    May 12, 2021 10:14 AM EDT

Serenity

v5.4.1

by Webligo Developments

• 6923 posts
    May 13, 2021 7:35 AM EDT

You must not be using either of the new landing pages as those both have the new login block I show above. If you don't want to use either of the new landing pages, you'll need to customize the login widget but you'll need to know responsive design in order to make it look good on every device. On that, I cannot help as I'm not a responsive design expert. Have you tried the other landing pages perhaps on a development site to see if maybe one of them would work for your site?  

• 233 posts
    May 13, 2021 10:19 AM EDT

Not sure what you mean by "new" landing pages ... my current version is 5.4.1. Gary

• 6923 posts
    May 13, 2021 10:31 AM EDT

There are three landing pages with Serenity. Maybe one of the other two would work better for you, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/98238465/sephp-serenity-theme