Privacy Policy and Terms of Service "issue"

• 135 posts
    June 18, 2021 3:10 AM EDT

Hello, not sure if it is an SE issue or not so I post here,

I have been trying to modify the Privacy /ToS pages to add my custom rules, then I try to save, (I have tried the SES Advanced HTML Block to get in different languages the rules), but after I save, no matter what I write, simply it is like not saving anything. I save changes form the layout editor button "Save Changes", but nothing happened, if I refresh the privacy page as an example and I change languages, I get still the old items, (I have deleted some - added and remove HTML block and rich text block - and not updated with the new ones), then I refresh the edit layout page and it is like all back, also the deleted items.

Sometimes, it "saves" normally, but then nothing again for days, any idea about what can be?

Tnx in advance!

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2021 5:09 AM EDT

Please read the tutorial for how to do your terms and privacy policy. You are not doing it right. It's best to search our learning center for tutorials when trying to do things. https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5112039/SE+PHP+-+Editing+your+Terms+of+Service+Privacy+Policy It is already in the language manager and already can be made multi-lingual. 

• 135 posts
    June 18, 2021 5:55 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Please read the tutorial for how to do your terms and privacy policy. You are not doing it right. It's best to search our learning center for tutorials when trying to do things. https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5112039/SE+PHP+-+Editing+your+Terms+of+Service+Privacy+Policy It is already in the language manager and already can be made multi-lingual. 

Hello Donna, I have deleted that part and added another block since the way you built policy and terms pages is not good, need to make visible the subtitles in bold to allow people to read better so had to fix it by changing the block used.

Before 5.5/5.6 was working fine now it is not working good, like if it is not able to save the proper informations

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2021 7:00 AM EDT

You use html in the phrase like we do. https://community.socialengine.com/help/terms that is all done in the language editor. No need to delete the page and recreate stuff. The page is fine if used correctly.

• 135 posts
    June 18, 2021 7:15 AM EDT

We HAVE to agree that mine in English is way better than what is shown here https://wiply.net/help/privacy

And I have to be able to modify it, not that I have to keep the other. I just not understand why if I add Spanish and English is fine, if I add french and Italian begin the problems.

About the quality, is not if is fine because I can read it, but how customers CAN and NEED to read it. The website NEED to make an easy read which is not your case, font is little and people can complain, and this is something that can, as for example in Italy, cause problems to the company.

Plus the table design is wrong and seems that the title of paragraphs is on bottom and not on top.

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2021 7:18 AM EDT

If I worked on the html of ours, it would look better. I just threw that together with paragraphs and not much formatting. It is just an example. You can do the same thing in the language manager. If you do it in the language manager, you would put it in for each language on your site which would make it show to the user in the language they choose. 

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2021 7:21 AM EDT

Anyway, if you have an issue with a third party product after an upgrade, please contact that developer to have them update their product. I'll try to spiffy up our terms and privacy pages here if I have time later so you can see. I just have very little time for it. Trying to get 5.6.1 out and v6 is in testing too.

• 135 posts
    June 18, 2021 9:47 AM EDT

tnx a lot Donna!

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2021 10:59 AM EDT

Ok here's an updated look but it was still done quickly and it needs more finesse but you get the idea.

https://community.socialengine.com/help/terms

I added a CSS class for policy so that I could style the page a little. For example:

h3.policy {
    	background: #03598f;
    	color: #fff;
    }

Which I used like this:

<h3 class="policy">Who May Use the Services</h3>
    • 135 posts
    June 21, 2021 3:31 AM EDT

After have read better what you wrote, Donna, finally I have understand I am Dumb! And finally I have understand how to use the _CORE sentences properly for each language! I have done it wrong for like years

Sorry for being so stupid and have waste your time!

• 6923 posts
    June 21, 2021 5:42 AM EDT

Hey, you aren't stupid. It's a lot of stuff to know. I even learn new things from time to time about the script that I hadn't seen before. 

• 135 posts
    June 22, 2021 1:40 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Hey, you aren't stupid. It's a lot of stuff to know. I even learn new things from time to time about the script that I hadn't seen before. 

*hugs*

Hehe SE it is huge and full of skills, I get lost so maany times, plus with all the plugins installed, I am totally lost hahahaha