Payment gateway not working

• June 20, 2021 5:12 PM EDT

I am trying to add a payment gateway and I am getting an error when trying 

Billing > Transactions or setting or gateways

I was having the error before and after upgrading to 5.6.0. I haven't tried this for a couple of years on this network. I have another network on 5.5.0 and I don't have any error.

Here is the error log

Error Code: 40f9d8
    Zend_Json_Exception: Decoding failed: Syntax error in /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Json.php:97
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(213): Zend_Json::decode('W\xBDA\xF7\x0E\xE5J\x8Er\xD8\x1E\xDA\xB7\xBF|...')
    #1 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/modules/Payment/Model/DbTable/Gateways.php(89): Engine_Db_Table->_unserializeColumns(Array)
    #2 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1392): Payment_Model_DbTable_Gateways->_fetch(Object(Zend_Db_Table_Select))
    #3 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/modules/Payment/Form/Admin/Transaction/Filter.php(52): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->fetchAll()
    #4 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(239): Payment_Form_Admin_Transaction_Filter->init()
    #5 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(146): Zend_Form->__construct(NULL)
    #6 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/modules/Payment/controllers/AdminIndexController.php(50): Engine_Form->__construct()
    #7 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Payment_AdminIndexController->indexAction()
    #8 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #9 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #10 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(86): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #11 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #12 /home3/veloviec/public_html/application/index.php(224): Engine_Application->run()
    #13 /home3/veloviec/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home3/veloviec...')
    #14 /home3/veloviec/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #15 {main}<br><br>I am not sure what to do at this point. Please help me out.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br><br>

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at June 21, 2021 5:45 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    June 21, 2021 5:44 AM EDT

This has been posted in the community before with a fix. It is a database edit. You should try a search for the issue and if you are comfortable working in the database, you can do that query. If you are not comfortable working in the database, you can send a ticket and we can do it for you if you have support. It's just a corrupt connection to PayPal that can happen from time to time. The database query fixes it. I can look for the post later if you don't find it.

• 6923 posts
    June 21, 2021 5:44 AM EDT

Please always encase that in code tags as mentioned in our forum rules. I'll fix your post.

• June 21, 2021 8:06 AM EDT

I have found the post under PHP7 Payment Module Zend Decode Error and I have executed the SQL command that fixed the issue. For the benefits of others, here is the SQL command

UPDATE `engine4_payment_gateways` SET `config`= null WHERE `title` = 'PayPal'

Thanks a lot Donna

• 6923 posts
    June 21, 2021 8:28 AM EDT

Thank you for posting the solution too! I am just super swamped with 5.6.1 and v6 that I didn't have time to search right now. Glad you found it though!