"Click" For Full Size Images

• 33 posts
    June 22, 2021 10:59 AM EDT

1) Presently the platform highly compresses all uploaded photos via the post or album venues.

2) Album example: When displaying an album, the system displays a list of applicable image thumbnails. (#1 screen capture attached). If a photo is "left clicked" #1-step arrow, the system displays a highly compressed version of the original upload (#2 screen capture attached)

3) Presently, if the larger photo is clicked #2-step, the platform progresses the viewer to the next photo. 

CHANGE REQUEST: In "#2-Step" or via a menu item at the bottom of the image, direct the viewer to the full size image that was uploaded.

• 6923 posts
    June 22, 2021 12:54 PM EDT

Thank you for the detailed feature request. I'm glad you read our post on how to post a request. It makes it so much easier on everyone to know exactly what you want. As I am a macro photography nut, I do prefer to have a good quality image. We do have a lot planned to improve everything. 

For screen readers, I wonder if it would be best to have the menu underneath like you mention to "View Full" which then opens the image in full. 

RE: If a photo is clicked it goes to the next. I don't know how many times I've clicked a photo to view it full and end up on the next image lol. That being said, http://demo.socialengine.com/albums/photos/view/19/50/bored-dragonfly , this one should be much larger and in high res. But, we can't save it that way yet and it does crop it to size. Space consumption is another factor. Lots to think about with photos.

• 33 posts
    June 22, 2021 1:17 PM EDT

Thank you for being so prompt and involved. I think the "View Full Image Size" selection is the best. I have no issue with storage size as this can only be dealt with via accommodation. We will always see bigger photo file sizes and, we will always see lower costs for storage. I think the only exception for now would be "Pro" genre photos that are 30+MB in size. An example is https://photos.app.goo.gl/Eu7eQ3joGdA9aqZu6

This is really all that Album and Post Photos need right now as SE excels at the ability to share this content on other platforms, email etc. All very contrary to the other SM alternatives such as MeWe, GAB etc.