Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

[A]Categories for Music Module

• 13 posts
    July 14, 2021 5:06 PM EDT

Hello Support Team,

I was just wondering, when we are going to have categories for music module. It's the only important module without categories besides polls.

I, for example, am using it as a general audio section, and sure there are many types of audios that members would like to upload as well as search. Even if one uses it as music, there are certainly many types of music.

Categories will tremendously help in terms of narrowing search, just like we have on all the remaining modules.

Thanks and best wishes!

• 5919 posts
    July 15, 2021 10:16 AM EDT

Hi. Thank you for posting. Please be sure to read stickied guidelines at the top of each forum section before posting. :) Please, when submitting feature requests or bugs, follow the guidelines. This is the one stickied at the top of this section, https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3/submitting-feature-requests . This helps us to know how the feature should work. For example, does the client want subcategories? Should there be default categories? What should the default categories be? 

• 13 posts
    July 15, 2021 4:28 PM EDT

Hello Donna,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please find my request again in the format you suggested. FYI, I already searched the forum. Similar request was not brought up previously. 

Title: Music - Add default categories for Music module 

Description: - Site admins do have the tool (in the admin) to create default categories in nearly all SE Modules (eg. blogs, videos, Albums, groups, etc.). When clients post contents, they choose such categories, which help to organize such contents. For example you can create categories for Photo Album, such "Nature", "Mountains", "Buildings" and so on for clients to post accordingly.

It will be great to have such organizational tool for Music Module too. Clients can differential Pop music from Jazz from all other types of songs they post.

As I already said, as use Music Module as 'Audios' where clients post a variety of audio contents: music, podcast, speeches, instructional audios, etc.

I will really be glad if you consider this request in your future development. Thank you.

• 5919 posts
    July 16, 2021 5:44 AM EDT

I agree. I do have this on the roadmap for plugin updates in v6 as I had added it before but I wanted to ensure that I had it the way clients want. Music genres are important, I agree. I'll mark this as accepted.

Thank you for re-formatting your request!

• 13 posts
    July 16, 2021 7:01 AM EDT

Thank you, Donna!

• 5919 posts
    July 16, 2021 10:22 AM EDT

You're welcome! :)