[Improve]no easy way to unblock member

• 318 posts
    July 22, 2021 6:42 AM EDT

Hello.

When a member has blocked another member.

How can he unlock it?

Thank you in advance

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2021 7:34 AM EDT

Well now, this is a bit of a pickle. Once I block a member, I cannot see them at all. There appears to be no way to unblock them unless via the database. I'll move this to bugs.

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2021 7:53 AM EDT

Ok thanks to a team mate, the user privacy page has the blocked members. However, I'll leave this in bugs as it's hard to find. We should perhaps have the member show in the member browse page.

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2021 7:57 AM EDT

So to find where blocked members are, go here https://community.socialengine.com/members/settings/privacy on your own site though. It will show blocked members. 

• 318 posts
    July 22, 2021 12:14 PM EDT

Thanks Donna.

This is a real problem because it is an important feature for a social network.

And worse, when you have blocked a person and you try to see their profile, you get to an error page !!!

It's just impossible. We have therefore disabled this feature while it is corrected.

We must also delay the purchase of a license for one of our customers because it is one of the priority of his specifications.

We had promised and certified that it worked.

Our client will have to wait for their new site and we will have to wait for our money.

It really does not help our affairs this story.

Thank you Donna for your tests and answers.

• 6923 posts
    July 22, 2021 12:47 PM EDT

Hi Lovea! The feature works fine. I think I didn't word it well. If you go to the user privacy, that is where the blocked members are as it is a privacy issue. Try blocking someone and then go to your privacy settings. You will see the member there as you see in my screenshot. It does work. We will be adding a notification so that when a user blocks someone, they see a message directing them where to find blocked members.

Again, the feature does work fine. Please re-read how I said to find the blocked members and please see the screenshot.

• 318 posts
    July 22, 2021 12:53 PM EDT

Yes I understood very well.

However, on our site, this section is not active. The page is hidden because it is of no use to members of our site.

The other problem is this NO ACCESS page if the member returns to the blocked profile.

It does not make sense to the member.

Besides, this NO ACCESS "refuge" page is an aberration.

It opens systematically when rights are not open. We have a huge problem on the site with this page.

He doesn't understand why...

• 318 posts
    July 22, 2021 12:56 PM EDT

There should be for each case a personalized page or a possible redirection as the case may be.

We have put together a ridiculous page to say nothing and keep members from overthinking.

• 6923 posts
    July 23, 2021 7:09 AM EDT

You are wanting a customization or feature request then. The current method works fine and 99% of clients are required to have privacy settings for users these days. These let users control who views their page, posts about them, what notifications they receive - things that are required in every country I know of. Not having these puts a client at risk. Something we can't do. We will do a notice that will show when a user blocks someone.

If you need something special for your privacy setting for blocked members, please contact a third party expert. I caution you to first check laws in your country regarding user privacy though. 

• 318 posts
    July 23, 2021 10:48 AM EDT

You are quite right.

We removed it because with the different addons installed we end up with hundreds of incomprehensible and untranslatable lines.

But your arguments are correct.

We will reactivate this section and try to make the correct translations

Thanks Donna, have a good day.

• 6923 posts
    July 23, 2021 11:14 AM EDT

You're welcomeYou have a point for all clients to consider as well. When adding plugins, take into account the user's experience. Maybe see if the third party experts can consolidate their stuff to make it more enjoyable for your members. It's worth a shot.

• 318 posts
    July 23, 2021 11:24 AM EDT

It's also true. But the most important thing is the language keys.

These providers make good ADDONS, but they often forget to create the language keys.

We have spent hundreds of hours locating these keys or having them created. Hell for us.

If they made an effort that would be great and could deliver more sites to our customers.

Thanks for all the details.