Video Module

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:10 AM EDT

Hello

So, I purchased the SE PHP Video Module. How do I go about making it work? I have a valid YouTube URL and get the following error. Thanks, Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:19 AM EDT

As a side commentary there has got to be an easier method of video sharing for your customers than stepping through all the hoops of the instructional URL provided. Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:23 AM EDT

Question: do all of my users have to do follow the instructional URL for their video sites (Youtube, Vimeo, etc) they have videos at to share a video link or add a video using module on my site? Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:42 AM EDT

I think the instructional URL needs some more detail work. I followed as much as I could the instructions for YouTube API key creation but did not see anything regarding API Restriction or oAuth information (a warning symbol next to my API key indicating setup oAtuh key). Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 10:45 AM EDT

If I have an account at Vimeo or some other video library would I not need an API Key for each? Are there video modules offered by third-party that work with SE PHP that might be easier to install/manage? Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 4:47 PM EDT

I guess I don't completely understand the relationship between the Video Module and the Activity Feed (in terms of "adding videos")? The video module settings are not complete yet according to the SE PHP instructional video module URL page. I can paste video URLs in Activity Feed and get the snapshot of the video to display? More knowledge appreciated :-) Gary

• 233 posts
    October 27, 2021 4:48 PM EDT

I can't Add Video via video module yet.

• 6923 posts
    October 28, 2021 5:06 AM EDT

Hi Gary, 

Hopefully, I can explain it but please be sure to go to our video tutorial so you can see screenshots and get more details, https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5210594/SE+PHP+-+Videos . I'll explain several things below.

1. YouTube videos - for YouTube videos to work, you need to set up the YouTube API and add the key as the video tutorial shows. This allows your users to either share the Link in the activity feed by clicking Video. It also allows them to go to the video section and share the video there if they prefer.

2. Uploading videos - you need to have your host install FFMPEG if it is not installed and provide you the path to it. Then, you would put that path in as the video tutorial shows. It will then automatically grab the FFMPEG details so that you can upload videos from your computer to your site.

3. Other video sharing (Vimeo, etc other than YouTube) - this is done via the iFramely API. You can either use the self hosted method (BryZar or any host that can set it up), or you would use the iFramely API via iFramely (about $29 per month). You would set that by following this tutorial, https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5210486/SE+PHP+-+iframely . This allows your users to either share in the activity feed by using Link or Video but Video is best. Or, it allows them to share videos via the video section. 

• 233 posts
    November 9, 2021 1:46 PM EST

Hi

So, here's what is working now on site.

• "Add Video" in Activity feed works from external URL only
    • "Post New Video" in video module works from external URL only

It looks like I have to get host to do step #2 to be able to upload videos from a computer. Currently, Video Module, Video Settings tab shows for Ffmpeg Version and Supported Video Formats: "sh: -version: command not found, sh: -formats: command not found, and sh: -codecs: command not found in respective fields.

Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    November 15, 2021 11:52 AM EST

Hello

Got ffMPEG installed, tried uploading computer from computer. What is the Ffmpeg process on SE PHP and how long does it take to complete and process upload? File size = 62MB.

Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    November 15, 2021 1:10 PM EST

Now one hour processing a video?

• 233 posts
    November 15, 2021 2:53 PM EST

Pretty confident now this is not going to resolve itself. Is there a SE PHP setting overlooked? Server issue?

• 6923 posts
    November 15, 2021 2:59 PM EST

That's a large video. Check to see if your task manager is working. Check for errors in the task manager logs. If that isn't the issue, check with your host to see if there's any issue with the video processing - perhaps you need more memory for that sized video. 

https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5145127/SE+PHP+-+Task+Scheduler

• 233 posts
    November 15, 2021 3:03 PM EST

In looking at Task Scheduler I see which aligns with timeline of video processing. This telling me something on server-side?

• 6923 posts
    November 15, 2021 3:05 PM EST

Try changing from curl to cron for the task scheduler. If you don't know how to set a cron, once you set the setting in admin, send the details you'll see at the top to your host and ask them to make the cron for you. You may need to upload another video to test it. Try a smaller one. If that works, try the big one. If the big one won't process, the server may need more resources to process the bigger ones but I'm not a server expert and I may be wrong.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at November 15, 2021 3:06 PM EST
    • 233 posts
    November 15, 2021 3:11 PM EST

This message help with troubleshooting?

• 6923 posts
    November 16, 2021 5:57 AM EST

Did you try my suggestions? That error does not say anything for me to know what's going on. I would need to see the full error. 

• 233 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:27 AM EST

I'm done "going down this rabbit hole" ... I am having host remove Ffmpeg app. Folks will just have to upload via iFramely using Youtube, Vimeo, etc video link. Wait for a better video product. Thanks Gary

• 6923 posts
    November 18, 2021 1:43 PM EST

Ok it is probably some issue on the site or server configuration as uploading videos works at my staging and our demo.