New User signup error

• 378 posts
    October 28, 2021 5:47 PM EDT

Hey all - a few days back our site stopped allowing new user signups and when I look at the log file I see a call to

warehouse.socialengine.com<br><br>Any thoughts or has anyone else seen this? <br><br>I am running V4.10.5 and nothing has been done to the site in months development or addon wise
    • 78 posts
    October 28, 2021 6:36 PM EDT
    Are there more to the log?
    • 378 posts
    October 28, 2021 6:51 PM EDT
    2021-10-28T22:48:15+00:00 CRIT (2): Zend_Http_Client_Exception: Error in cURL request: Could not resolve host: warehouse.socialengine.com in public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Curl.php:455
    Stack trace:
    #0 /public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client.php(1087): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Curl->write('GET', Object(Zend_Uri_Http), '1.1', Array, '')
    #1 /public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Warehouse.php(93): Zend_Http_Client->request()
    #2 /public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Warehouse.php(64): Engine_Warehouse->call('GET', Array)
    #3 /public_html/application/modules/Core/controllers/AdminIndexController.php(31): Engine_Warehouse->get(Array)
    #4 /public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Core_AdminIndexController->featuredProductsAction()
    #5 /public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('featuredProduct...')
    #6 /public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #7 /public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #8 /public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #9 /public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #10public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/itl4life/...')
    #11 /public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #12 {main}
    • 378 posts
    October 28, 2021 6:51 PM EDT

Edited the code quote to remove my url

• 378 posts
    October 28, 2021 6:52 PM EDT

Looks like this happens every time a new signup is attempted

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:18 AM EDT

that error is from the featured product in the admin panel for the old store. Your site is not upgraded to remove that widget and so it's trying to connect. You would need to either upgrade or get someone to remove the old store code from the admin dashboard. That's a source edit. I'll go look around in my v4 copy.

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:27 AM EDT

This MIGHT work. Backup the file first. Test on a development site first before putting on production. Note that modifying core files can cause issues with upgrading. (default warnings for modifying files )

Remove the following:

lines 124-133

/modules/core/widgets/admin-dashboard/index.tpl

<li>
              <a href="http://www.socialengine.com/customize/se4" class="links_getplugins">
                <?php echo $this->translate("Get More Plugins") ?>
              </a>
            </li>
            <li>
              <a href="http://www.socialengine.com/customize/se4/themes" class="links_getthemes">
                <?php echo $this->translate("Get More Themes") ?>
              </a>
            </li>
    • 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:28 AM EDT

I'm going to try installing v4 to see what happens. In case your issue is not from the default above.

• 378 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:29 AM EDT

Thanks Donna - I just need the site to last another few weeks so will do the core edit. 

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:41 AM EDT

I tried that one and it didn't work. The other place you can remove the featured products is:

application/modules/Core/views/scripts/admin-index/index.tpl

Remove line 24:

<?php echo $this->content()->renderWidget('core.admin-featured-products') ?>

This solved the error but I hadn't tried signing up. Will do that

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:43 AM EDT

I was able to sign up on my site with and without the above. I'm not sure that's your issue. Try clearing the error log in admin and try signing up. See what error you may have.

• 378 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:49 AM EDT
    2021-10-29T13:47:56+00:00 CRIT (2): Zend_Http_Client_Exception: Error in cURL request: Could not resolve host: warehouse.socialengine.com in /public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Curl.php:455
    Stack trace:
    #0 public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client.php(1087): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Curl->write('GET', Object(Zend_Uri_Http), '1.1', Array, '')
    #1 public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Warehouse.php(93): Zend_Http_Client->request()
    #2 public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Warehouse.php(64): Engine_Warehouse->call('GET', Array)
    #3 public_html/application/modules/Core/controllers/AdminIndexController.php(31): Engine_Warehouse->get(Array)
    #4 public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Core_AdminIndexController->featuredProductsAction()
    #5 public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('featuredProduct...')
    #6 public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #7 public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #8 public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #9 public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #10 public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/itl4life/...')
    #11 public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #12 {main}

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at October 29, 2021 9:52 AM EDT
    • 378 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:49 AM EDT

This is the error on signup I just got

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:50 AM EDT

odd. I'm using 4.10 and have no issue joining the site. Did you try removing the code to see if that solves it? If not, try disabling plugins as one of them may be trying to check the warehouse for a purchase of the plugin via the old store. 

• 378 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:51 AM EDT

OK will give that a try - thanks!

• 6923 posts
    October 29, 2021 9:52 AM EDT

Hope it works but if not, feel free to post again. I edited your post to remove your url.

• 21 posts
    October 31, 2021 3:00 PM EDT

Hi - We had an issue with new sign-ups throwing an error a while back.  We had some complaints about too many emails so we un-checked quite a few in the Admin for all users.  We found there was a cause and effect with emails being un-checked  and new user sign-up errors.  We found this relationship from an old post to the legacy SE Community site.  Not sure this is your problem, but try enabling all emails and create a few test users to check it out.