Restrict Activity Feed by Member Level

• 36 posts
    November 2, 2021 12:35 PM EDT

Is there a way to restrict the viewing of the activity feed by member level? For example, we want members in member level group A to be able to view the feed, but not members in member level group B? We looked around and can adjust some of the posting settings, but not the viewing settings.

• 6923 posts
    November 3, 2021 5:13 AM EDT

There isn't a setting in the default activity feed for member level restrictions. You can try Networks but that would just restrict by content in that network for those subscribed. Perhaps assigning networks to each member level. https://socialengine.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SU/pages/5243294/SE+PHP+-+Networks  but I'm not sure if that'll do what you want. You may need one of those advanced walls by third party experts.

• 36 posts
    November 5, 2021 8:41 AM EDT

Donna, thanks for the follow-up. I looked into this as an option and it does not appear this would produce the results we are looking for. Basically, we are wanting to provide paid members with access to the activity feed and not free members. The subscription model does not seem to support adjusting networks, only member level. We have the Advanced Activity feed plugin provided by socialapps.tech. This does not appear to be an option in their plugin either. And honestly, we are looking to move away from them due to the lack of quality service.

• 15 posts
    November 6, 2021 4:24 PM EDT

Hello CNDAdmin,

Just to confirm again, are you trying to stop them from viewing activity feeds, or from ability to post on activity feeds? 

For viewing activity feeds, why not try adjusting member level privileges on individual modules. With that, you can prevent a certain member level from viewing a particular module. Whether that includes the module posts on activity feeds I'm not sure.

And you can prevent a member level from posting on activity feeds (status box) by disabling "allow status messages" on main member level setting.

I hope this helps.

• 36 posts
    November 6, 2021 8:22 PM EDT

Yes, I'm looking to prevent them from seeing the activity feed.