Serenity Color scheme

• 474 posts
    December 6, 2021 11:51 AM EST

Hei folks.

I just refined my colour scheme for my SE serenity site theme (Latest SE version).

I will show some images of my pages and at the end i will show you the colour codes so that you can copy my colour scheme. (if you want to use it)

I think it looks warm, colorful. Not to white / bright.

Member home page.

Members page.

Forum Page

Video Page.

Music Page

Member Profile page.

Colour scheme codes.

Hope you like this.

Mikel.

• 131 posts
    December 6, 2021 4:17 PM EST

Thanks for sharing the rich blue RGB code.  The blue is awesome!!  I like the vibrant yellow/gold text, it pops in contrast with the blue!  

~T.

• 6923 posts
    December 7, 2021 4:32 AM EST

It does look nice.I think I would change the search icon as it's not seen and the icon between mail and the admin gear as it has the same issue. I also like the dark blue color. 

• 474 posts
    December 7, 2021 10:32 AM EST

Hei Donna

Yeah, nothing i can do about the search icon. 
    Reason is, because certain tabs and functions share the same colour setting functions, if i change it, it can throw other functions , tabs or icons out of wack on other pages.

I was hoping to change search text and icon to a white, the same with search form on forums..

So making colour schemes can be tricky. Il have another play around with it sometime.

The icon between mail and admin gear is the member profile image. cant change that unless i change my image to a brighter design.

Thanks Donna.

mikel.

• 474 posts
    December 7, 2021 10:35 AM EST

Hei Tiffany

Yeh i like the blue. Well my team like it...

Im colour blind myself (monochromism) so i just go by how it feels. other people tell me what colours they have chosen.

So all the credit goes to them.

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    December 7, 2021 11:22 AM EST

Well there are specific css for each thing too if you add them to your theme.css at the bottom of it (on a cloned theme)

Such as the magnifying glass is:

.layout_core_search_mini #global_search_form:before

so you could add your color there for the font.

If you use inspect element for your browser, you should be able to find each one that you want to change.

• 131 posts
    December 8, 2021 8:07 PM EST

The blue is regal!  Your team has good taste!

I inspect pages all of the time to find out what colors were used on a page.  Then I take that RGB and look it up on any one of those RGB/Hex color websites and look at all of the variables on that shade.  Some websites include how that shade would look to some if they are color blind too.

The tricky part is what you both have shared and that's getting into the code for a specific color if you can't change it from the Theme page settings. 

• 474 posts
    December 9, 2021 6:30 AM EST

Hei Tiffany

Really all the credit goes to my team. I just come up with the idea of what i want and they do their thing.

I trust what they come up with and put it to my 'members circle' if they like it then all is good.

My team and i do the same. its good practice to compare other websites and see what works or not. All advertisers and designers do this.

To be honest, i have literally no concept of color. I see everything as though i am watching a black and white film ( monochromism ). This doesn't mean i don't understand about the psychology of colors and how to put colors together. But i can pick up things in colors that most people don't.

Also that and being dyslexic is a bad combo. which in many cases go hand in hand. That's why i have issues with script / coding.

That's the reason i have built a team of people around me that can sort thing for me.

Mikel.

• 131 posts
    December 9, 2021 11:08 AM EST

My team is my dd, and she's a great critic! 

• 131 posts
    December 13, 2021 7:21 PM EST

O.M.G. the color is different now, just got to login today; but I like it too!! 

• 474 posts
    December 14, 2021 11:22 AM EST

hei Tiffany..

yeh new colours.

I been keeping my team busy on tasks and pointless tasks..

I been sorting out final staff bonusses and profit share following the sale of my pensions company and dealing with the tax office last few days. 

Happy its done this early before christmas.

mikel.

• 131 posts
    December 14, 2021 12:01 PM EST

New Nooduls colors  Nice purple and gray; balanced.