How to change the privacy setting of all my members?

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

Hello everyone, 

I would to know if it is possible to change the privacy settings of all my members, for their profiles. 

By default is setting to "Public", so everyone can view their profile. I would to set to "Only friends".... is it possible? 

Thanks in advance. 

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:00 PM EDT

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1665238-admin-panel---manage->-member-levels please see the tutorial for member levels as it mentions profile privacy.

You will want to bookmark our document table of contents to help you learn how to use the SocialEngine PHP script, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1686929-socialengine-php-v4-table-of-contents?_ga=2.135096241.1664673096.1506939491-1932935507.1506939491 as that will help you find the tutorials faster.

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:35 PM EDT

Well, the “Profiles Viewing Options” doesn't work! If I change the options anything happens.

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:58 PM EDT

It should set it so all new users have their privacy set to friends only. Have you tried signing up with a new user?

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 1:59 PM EDT

An alternate solution is to make it so that members must log in to view profiles found here admin/core/settings/general

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 3:14 PM EDT

Yes, it works just for new members... but I would change the settings for my actual members!

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 3:49 PM EDT

The only thing I can think of is the other tip, to change it on a member level basis so they have to log in to view the profiles.

• 57 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:22 PM EDT

Yes, I've already setted this..... but it works for non-logged members.... 

• 6923 posts
    October 2, 2017 4:48 PM EDT

It shouldn't show to non members if you set the Public level to need to be logged in for the public viewing option. 

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 2:47 AM EDT

Ok, I'm not sure I understand!.... you meant to set "No, visitors must sign in to view member profiles." in the "admin/core/settings/general", right?  

This post was edited by SE iBT at October 3, 2017 2:57 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:30 AM EDT

Yes it should make it so that only members see the profiles.

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:31 AM EDT

This site has it set that way. You can't see profiles unless logged in.

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:31 AM EDT

This site has it set that way. You can't see profiles unless logged in.

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 10:11 AM EDT

Ok then, this set is already setted on my site...  but I would change the Privacy settings of all my members, from "Pubblic" (setted by default) to "My Friends". 

• 6923 posts
    October 3, 2017 12:20 PM EDT

You would need to manually do that or use a database query. I'm not sure what the query would be atm though. I suggest testing on a local development site or clone.

• 57 posts
    October 3, 2017 1:13 PM EDT

No... I've already tried... it doesn't works!

• 6923 posts
    October 4, 2017 6:07 AM EDT

If you go in the member level settings and change it so that they can only choose the Friends as privacy, it should also change them all. Try that and clear cache after.

• 57 posts
    October 5, 2017 4:30 AM EDT

No, I already tried... the profiles are still public.

• 6923 posts
    October 5, 2017 6:06 AM EDT

I guess you would need to change it via database query then. 

• 57 posts
    October 6, 2017 2:43 AM EDT

Yes, I would like to try, but I can not find the right directory!

• 6923 posts
    October 6, 2017 5:47 AM EDT
    Donna said:

An alternate solution is to make it so that members must log in to view profiles found here admin/core/settings/general

tested and this does make it so that users have to log in to see profiles. so this part should be working for guests viewing. 

As for logged in members, I'll do more tests.

• 6923 posts
    October 6, 2017 6:46 AM EDT

Ok it works for new sign ups if you set the member level permissions as mentioned above. 

For current it's a bit of a pita but you need to change the engine4_authorization_allow for each member id (which is the resource_id number you will see). I removed all of the "role_id" except "member" for "action" "view" . Backup the database first. Try on a development site. So my query was like this for user id 18:

DELETE FROM `engine4_authorization_allow` WHERE `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_type` = 'user' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_id` = 18 AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`action` = 'view' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role` = 'registered' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role_id` = 0; DELETE FROM `engine4_authorization_allow` WHERE `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_type` = 'user' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_id` = 18 AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`action` = 'view' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role` = 'network' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role_id` = 0; DELETE FROM `engine4_authorization_allow` WHERE `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_type` = 'user' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`resource_id` = 18 AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`action` = 'view' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role` = 'everyone' AND `engine4_authorization_allow`.`role_id` = 0;
    • 57 posts
    October 6, 2017 10:36 AM EDT

Yeah it works!!!! 

I just changed the label form "everyone" to "member" and it works! 

But there isn't a bit of a pita..... IT'S A LOT OF PITA!!!! sealed 

I have to do this manually for all my members!!!

This post was edited by SE iBT at October 6, 2017 10:43 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 6, 2017 11:02 AM EDT

Glad it works. Please feel free to submit a feature request if there isn't one for this. I think there is. Since our forum search is a bit broken right now, it's ok if you submit a duplicate. We'll work on search and other things in this forum after 4.10. Script has to be worked on before site. 

• 57 posts
    October 6, 2017 11:57 AM EDT

Ok I'll open a new topic! But I've noticed another problem! 

If I set my privacy profile view to "My Friends", you are not able to view my profile but you can't add me as a friend because this message appears: "You do not have permission to view this private page". 

It wasn't like that before. It opened the profile with the photo and the menu to be able to send the request for friendship!