Google Translate Won't Translate My SE Site

• 31 posts
    July 20, 2022 5:21 PM EDT

I hope I'm posting in the proper place! I'm not sure Google would be considered "third party".

Google's website translator will not translate my site. None of it. I'd considered buying SocialNetworking Solutions' Translator Plugin, but it uses the Google API so it would seem that it would not work either.

I'd be grateful for any insight!

Thank you!

-Randy Roberts

• 6923 posts
    July 23, 2022 12:06 PM EDT

You may want to check with SNS for their plugin. How are you using the Google API without a plugin? I had a free plugin before for this but I think Google disabled that part of things. Maybe test the SNS plugin on their demo. If your site is hiding behind privacy settings, you may need their help to make something work as Google might be blocked. I am not sure. I wish I could help more for this.

• 31 posts
    September 13, 2022 4:25 PM EDT

Just seeing this! I didn't get an email advising that it was posted. Google is now charging for translations via API, and given the amount of text on my site it would be extremely expensive to set it up that way, even if it were to work for my site.

What would be extremely useful for me, and presumably for a lot of other socialengine users, would be the ability to translate text in rich text blocks. I don't think it would be difficult for somebody who knows what they're doing to set up. I'm going to try to figure it out how to do it.

• 6923 posts
    September 14, 2022 5:07 AM EDT

If you would like to suggest a feature, please follow this guideline https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3/submitting-feature-requests and please submit it in the feature request section. We can then consider it.