Social links in footer - Inspira theme

• 11 posts
    September 21, 2022 11:43 PM EDT

Hi everyone! I recently starting using the new Inspira theme and I noticed that I have an issue with the social links in the Inspira footer. The social links for IG and LinkedIn are missing the icon. It's just a little square. When I use the old social links menu, the icons are all there. I attached a photo - the links on the gray background are the Inspira footer. The top right of the screen shot (have to scroll to see it) is my old social links menu.

Is this a bug or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks!

-Cheryl

• 6368 posts
    September 22, 2022 6:05 AM EDT

Here is the tutorial for the Inspira theme, https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/124/inspira-theme in case you need it for other things.

For the icons, you need to follow this tutorial, https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/68/social-footer-menu-icons and make sure you choose fontawesome v5 and not fontawesome v6 as we don't support v6 yet. If you choose v6 icons, they will not show and you will see a square. If you choose the paid icons and don't have a paid subscription to fontawesome, you will also have the same issue so be sure to choose the free icons.

• 11 posts
    September 23, 2022 11:35 AM EDT

Thanks, Donna. I haven't changed/added anything to the social links menu. It's the same as before the upgrade with the same icons. If I use the original "social site links menu", everything displays correctly (see screenshot top right). It's the new one that's automatically in the Inspira footer that displays incorrectly AND I can't find how to get to that one. It's not listed in the Inspira footer settings page: admin/inspira/settings/footer

I'm happy to redo my icons/links over again in the original menu but I'm still not sure if this is a bug or something on my end. Happy to open a ticket if you think it's me

• 6368 posts
    September 26, 2022 5:19 AM EDT

But, I provided a link to the tutorial for the social footer menu icons which is the same one in Inspira. did you try it?

• 6368 posts
    September 26, 2022 5:34 AM EDT

I do see that the fontawesome icon for LinkedIn is incorrect in inspira but you can change it by going in the menu as the tutorial I linked shows, and choosing another icon. I have added a bug to fix the icon for fresh installs but for your issue, you'll need to please follow the tutorial to fix it. Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

• 11 posts
    September 26, 2022 9:10 AM EDT

Thanks, Donna. I did not go back and fix it because the original social footer menu displays correctly (see screenshot) and I had not changed anything with that menu. The LinkedIn and IG icons display correctly when I place the social footer menu in the layout. It's only the Inspira footer that displays both as just a square. I will go in and redo them to see if it fixes the Inspira footer.

• 6368 posts
    September 27, 2022 8:05 AM EDT

Yes, I realize it is in the Inspira theme. I mentioned that I posted the bug for this as it is a bug in Inspira. The theme dev put the wrong icon code for those icons.