Login history section

• 268 posts
    October 31, 2022 6:00 AM EDT

Hello.

Version 5.9 would provide a history of logins.

On the new version, the link in the back office no longer exists.

/admin/user/logins

However, the page still exists but is not accessible.

Is this correct for you?

Thanks in advance

• 6434 posts
    October 31, 2022 6:11 AM EDT

Yes, we removed it because it was causing too much confusion. Bots these days try various tactics and the "no member" was making people think those were attempted hacks. You can still access the page via direct url as you showed though. It is working at our demo https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/user/logins?order=timestamp&order_direction=DESC&page=1 however, that isn't very helpful really. Google can show you the same basic stats without the load to the server.

• 268 posts
    October 31, 2022 6:16 AM EDT

OK, thanks.

However, I don't quite agree with you.

This section is very useful for searching by email and IP address. We use this section all day.

This makes it possible to delete the accounts of unscrupulous members who keep coming back to register.

Keep this link!

It is important for membership management.

Have a good day.

• 6434 posts
    October 31, 2022 6:25 AM EDT

Can you suggest an improvement that wouldn't be so heavy and also that would be more clear to other clients who panic? If it's helpful to you and other clients, perhaps we can improve it so that we don't also panic clients.

• 268 posts
    October 31, 2022 6:34 AM EDT

There are and always will be robots that will try to register on the site.

It's the same on all sites. It's no problem to show it.

It is even very important as a feature.

If some panic, it is absurd.

Going their way doesn't make sense...

• 6434 posts
    October 31, 2022 7:53 AM EDT

In all the years I've used SE, for this and my own site, I've never used that section as I stay away from areas that are resource heavy. This creates huge db table as well. I will move to the feature section so that we can find a way to improve it and put it in an admin plugin so that those that want to use it can and those that prefer to have a lighter script can not be forced to have it. 

• 268 posts
    October 31, 2022 12:23 PM EDT

OK, thanks. It's a good idea.
    Good evening Donna