Video Upload Problem

• 12 posts
    December 2, 2022 1:31 PM EST

I have 6.2.2 installed with the Video Plugin. 

My users have no problem uploading small videos, they work just fine.

But I am trying to upload a larger video, which is around 500MB in size.

The upload starts but after some time, it errors out with the white error page.

If I Look in the logs this is the error:

2022-12-02T18:24:49+00:00 ERR (3): Error Code: a20cd9
    Error: Call to a member function setFromArray() on null in /home/domain/domain.com/application/modules/Video/controllers/IndexController.php:280
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/domain/domain.com/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Video_IndexController->createAction()
    #1 /home/domain/domain.com/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('createAction')
    #2 /home/domain/domain.com/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #3 /home/domain/domain.com/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(87): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #4 /home/domain/domain.com/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #5 /home/domain/domain.com/application/index.php(236): Engine_Application->run()
    #6 /home/domain/domain.com/boot.php(47): include('/home/domain/s...')
    #7 /home/domain/domain.com/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #8 {main}

In my php info (which is PHP 8.0) I have max upload size set to 1000M

upload_max_filesize 1000M
    max_input_time -1

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the file to not upload properly?

Thank you!

• 6551 posts
    December 5, 2022 7:49 AM EST

Your host will have to make adjustments. Try the post_max_size.

• 12 posts
    December 5, 2022 8:01 AM EST

Sadly, I have that changed to 1000M also. Here is a section of my php info

log_errors	On	
    log_errors_max_len	1024	
    mail.add_x_header	On	
    mail.force_extra_parameters	no value	
    mail.log	no value	
    max_execution_time	120	
    max_file_uploads	20	
    max_input_nesting_level	64	
    max_input_time	-1	
    max_input_vars	1000	
    memory_limit	3000M	
    open_basedir	no value	
    output_buffering	0	
    output_encoding	no value	
    output_handler	no value	
    post_max_size	1000M	
    precision	14	
    • 6551 posts
    December 8, 2022 5:31 AM EST

Do you have cloudflare? It has its own restrictions and large files generally can fail if on the free cloudflare. If you don't have cloudflare, can your host help you? We have tested on our end just to make sure it's not a bug and we aren't having issues with large videos. We also have clients uploading large files and they aren't having this issue. This makes us think it's a site/server issue. If your host can't help resolve this for you, you could wait for a client to hopefully help (server issues aren't my wheelhouse), or you could check at SocialNetworking.Solutions in their support as they do offer support for issues like this.