How do I arrange States in alphabetical order?

• 24 posts
    March 30, 2023 4:00 PM EDT

Hello friends, so I created an option called States in the sign-up form so that users can select what US state they are from when they register. However, the states are scrambled in no particular order, and I would like to arrange them alphabetically. When I entered them into the Admin side, I did so alphabetically, but still they look in no order. Please help. 

• 6923 posts
    March 31, 2023 5:48 AM EDT

Do you have a screenshot of the profile question in admin?

• 24 posts
    March 31, 2023 6:22 AM EDT

Yes, here it is.

• 6923 posts
    March 31, 2023 6:34 AM EDT

Not that. Please show the screenshot of the question that you have a problem with. I want to see the order so I can test on my own staging.

• 24 posts
    March 31, 2023 6:59 AM EDT

• 24 posts
    March 31, 2023 7:00 AM EDT

• 24 posts
    March 31, 2023 7:01 AM EDT

• 6923 posts
    March 31, 2023 7:46 AM EDT

If you look, the order is the same as it shows in the list in your screenshot. You'll need to play with the database or delete and enter them in order. Be careful in the database though, if anyone has answered it might make a mess of things.  Try on a development site first or make a backup of your database before doing changes. Well, always make a backup before editing it as a precaution.

• 6923 posts
    March 31, 2023 7:59 AM EDT

This change for the Order seems to work on my tests but please backup your database before changing anything. I'm also asking if we can add a setting for the order to be set in admin, for a future release. It would be nice to allow sorting.

• 24 posts
    March 31, 2023 2:10 PM EDT

Please excuse my lack of understanding, but what exactly do I have to do regarding "the change for the order"? Can you please tell me the steps? 

• 6923 posts
    April 3, 2023 6:16 AM EDT

The above should have pointed you exactly to what you need to do but if you are not familiar with working in the database, this isn't a task you should attempt as you can ruin your site by working in the database. You would need to either learn the database stuff by trying on a development site many times for practice, or hire someone to make the changes, or delete the states and enter them in the order you need them to show.

• 24 posts
    April 3, 2023 2:18 PM EDT

Thanks, after looking at the picture and researching a bit, I figured it out, changed the order id manually in sql and now the issue has been resolved. I appreciate the help!

• 6923 posts
    April 13, 2023 6:24 AM EDT

https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/3283/multiple-select-check-boxes-not-saving-order we had another client with the same issue and so we are going to add an improvement in 6.5.