menu items not showing on admin panel

• April 17, 2023 10:18 AM EDT

When accessing the admin panel, I have an issue where some of the menu items are not showing up probably because of the colors they are using. It is worst when using the horizontal menu.

I was going crazy because I couldn't find where to edit the theme color as the them was not showing (white on white?). 

What is the solution to this?

Thanks,

Benoit

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:05 AM EDT

What version of SEPHP? What theme? Did you make changes to the theme? Is it a third party theme?

• April 19, 2023 8:32 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

The SEPHP version is 6.3.0. I am using Elpis theme and not a third party theme. I basically changed the colors of Elpis.

Where is the admin panle getting his colors definition? as they are very different from my site?

Thanks,

Benoit

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:34 AM EDT

Our demo uses the default Elpis too. https://demo.socialengine.com/admin are you seeing the same thing there? If so, what OS and browser?

• April 19, 2023 8:52 AM EDT

I am using Windows 11 with Chrome as my browser Version 112.0.5615.86.

I am getting the same thing using MS Edge.

Thanks,

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2023 8:54 AM EDT

Are you seeing the same issue on our demo?

• April 19, 2023 9:08 AM EDT

No, your demo is working as expected. 

Some of the colors used on /admin are probably finding their definition in the custom theme for my site. 

I just tried switching to a Elpis standard color (blue light or dark background) theme while in development mode. My site colors changed but I was getting the same issue on /admin.

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2023 5:31 AM EDT

I've seen something like that a few times only with development mode. If you disable development mode, does it work?

• April 20, 2023 7:19 AM EDT

It is showing in production and development mode. It is worst when using the horizontal menu.

I am not an expert, but could some of the properties of the menu could be view in development mode (F12 on a PC)?

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2023 8:14 AM EDT

Are you sure the server meets the requirements? Perhaps open_basedir is enabled? Or, perhaps you use cloudflare? Something sounds like it is not loading CSS fully for admin perhaps? Folder permissions? Try using Inspect in your browser and clicking the Network tab and then click disable caching and then load the page, then unclick disable caching. See if that helps any.

• April 24, 2023 8:21 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

I checked all of the above and everything was ok, the caching didn't resolve the issue, except I was getting:
    "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()" for the file news.png

This file was not dispalying anything when trying to open it. Same after replacing it with another file and renaming it.

I decided to try upgrading/refreshing version 6.3.0 on my test site and it resolved the issue.

It found a modified file

So like you mentionned, it was a CSS issue.

Thanks for your help,

Benoit