SocialEngine PHP 6.4.0 Release!

• 6923 posts
    April 27, 2023 9:17 AM EDT

We are pleased to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 6.4.0! This release adds a few new features and improvements, and addresses bugs posted by members of our community and staff. 

Improvements:

• NEW – Added support for WebP photo uploads! This is great news for sites focusing on photos and needing the ability to upload WebP formats.
    • NEW – Added a setting in the QuickLinks widget to allow admins to disable the icons from showing. 
    • Improved – Added forum topic title for posts showing in the activity feed. 
    • Improved – Added the ability to edit hashtags. So, now you can edit, delete or add hashtags in the admin tag manager.
    • Improved – We have improved the design of the Maintenance Page and Exception Handling Error Page. 
    • Improved – Changed FFmpeg from “veryfast” to “ultrafast” preset for faster video processing.
    • Improved – The Sign in Required Page & Popup design has been improved. 
    • Improved –  We have improved the login logs found in Spam & Banning Tools under “Login History”. In “General Settings” you can now set whether to log the login attempts and the number of days to keep the logs. This will help those who like to see the login attempts keep their database from getting too big as a cron will clear the logs automatically.

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed – Updated Readme.html with current details.
    • Fixed – Deleting member causes error.
    • Fixed – Forum posts and replies in activity feed show comment and like options for super admin and admin.
    • Fixed – Not a Member? Join. is missing from phrases.
    • Fixed – The delete button is missing when viewing more notifications.
    • Fixed – In the billing section, when a gateway is enabled, the menu tabs for billing were missing, making navigation difficult.
    • Fixed – Quick Links widget icons are not changing.
    • Fixed – On Safari browser, drop down menus are not styled correctly.
    • Fixed – Update code to show that PHP 8 is required.
    • Fixed – Images on the event photo list page were not displayed using the same style as the rest of the site.
    • Fixed – When upgrading from 6.2, “recieve_new_signup_alerts” email is empty and causes error.
    • Fixed – Removed photo showing in event though it was deleted before upload.
    • Fixed – Searching in past events shows upcoming events.
    • Fixed – Unmarking all display type settings in activity feed item setting gives error.
    • Fixed – Admin subscription details page UI.
    • Fixed – Event discussions not showing in event profile feed.
    • Fixed – Deleting category after content is created creates error when viewing the content.
    • Fixed – Forum posts and replies in activity feed show comment and like options for super admin and admin.
    • Fixed – Fix setting “Hide on Mobile Responsive View?
    • Fixed – Missing phrase “Posted in the topic” for profile page.
    • Fixed – Breadcrumb is not using phrase.
    • Fixed – Tooltip “you already rated” is not using phrase.
    • Fixed – Embedded video Type in admin shows “iframely”.
    • Fixed – Between is hard coded in message with multiple recipients.
    • Fixed – PHP 8.1 can’t find mod_rewrite though it is enabled.
    • Fixed – PHP 8.1 Serialization of ‘DOMElement’ is not allowed.
    • Fixed – Issue with the Scroll bar and Pointer.
    • Fixed – Fix popup to remove side scroll.
    • Fixed – Fix Log Files in PHP 8.0.
    • Fixed – Search icon in Inspira theme should not show when search page setting is “no” in General Setting.
    • Fixed – Safari – Inspira top menus distorted.
    • Fixed – Can’t edit cover photos in Sunshine theme.
    • Fixed – Subscriptions charging twice.
    • Fixed – Mobile phone photo upload produces token error, on mobile browser.
    • Fixed – Twitter log in magic quotes error.
    • Fixed – Notification Alerts are showing after disabling from the admin panel.
    • Fixed – Do not show missing widgets in the Layout Editor.
    • Fixed – Sunshine theme videos don’t play in the feed for mobile on safari.
    • Fixed – Can’t delete forum categories or topics or threads at community.
    • Fixed – Drop down list for forums is not shown in the correct order when moving threads.
    • Mobile App Issues Fixed:
      • Blog:
        • Rating stars are shown when you click on the search form. But the same thing is not showing on the browse Blogs Page.
        • If the blog profile image is not loaded, the default image is not showing on the browse page and manage blog tab.
        • On the Blog view, the page subscribe icon is not working fine.
        • Need to show blog category on view page.
        • When I scroll down the page content is not showing fine on the blog view page.
        • Text Change on blog manage page:
          • Edit Blog => Edit Entry
          • Delete Blog => Delete Entry
        • Text Change on blog view page:
          • Edit Blog => Edit This Entry
          • Delete Blog => Delete This Entry
        • Create and edit form title and description is missing. Field description is missing.
        • Change tab name:
          • Browse Blog => Browse Entries
          • My Blogs => My Entries
        • Need to add 2nd and 3rd level category in create, edit and search form.
        • When we disable Edit and Delete privacy from member level, then 3 dots should not come in my blog page. If create privacy is not from member level setting then do not show Plus icon.
        • I have not chosen a category when I create a blog, when editing I have 1st and 3rd level category drop down showing.
        • I have created a blog in draft mode and it is not showing on my blogs page.
        • Give Post rating option on Blog View Page
      • Photo Album:
        • Dynamic Menu work
        • Create and edit form title and description
        • 2nd and 3rd level category on create, edit, and search form
        • Show description in the form
        • Rating work on album view page
        • Show 2nd and 3rd level categories on the album view page
        • Show rating star on photos the same as the website.
        • When you upload more photos from the view page the UI is not coming fine, in the background album view page screen is showing.
        • After uploading more photos they are not updated automatically on the album view page.
        • Fix the camera icon after the Title.
        • Show category on Album View Page
        • My Album Page: When editing and deleting privacy from member level settings, only 3 dots are shown. Put a check on 3 dots.
        • Photo View page: Click on edit >> Ui is not coming fine. Some text is cut. Also, the form is not matching the website.
        • Photo View page: An extra user name is coming on the photo screen.

A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 6.4.0 release. Please view our demo and explore 6.4.0! 

Clients with v6 access can download version 6.4.0 from our client dashboard.  Clients who do not have access will need to purchase v6 access. 

V6.4 has new requirements and recommendations. Please be sure to read them and have your server updated.

As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing an upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable performing it yourself. 

Important: There are special steps and patches for those upgrading from versions below v6. You will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and applying the patches mentioned.

Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation and our team will get it installed in no time.  To upgrade from a previous version to 6.4.0, please view our upgrade documentation. SocialEngine Managed clients please submit a ticket for upgrade so we can schedule it.

If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community.

• 45 posts
    May 1, 2023 1:47 AM EDT

I paid to release V6 and now I cannot go to the area to download the files as it says Unlock V6 again!!!

• 6923 posts
    May 1, 2023 4:56 AM EDT

The menu at top will always show that as there is no way to hide it for people who bought it and some clients found it hard to find where to buy the v6 access. As we said in your other ticket before, just follow the tutorial for finding the files. You should always check your old tickets for answers to save you time and frustration.

https://sehosted.socialengine.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=18&id=42 that is a link to the tutorial.

This is the ONLY way we can keep the v5 files in there when the v6 files unlock. There is no other way for us to do it. This way, if you still need access to v5, you have it. Also, this is the only way this software can automate the v6 unlock. Otherwise, clients would have to wait for us to get on. Most clients don't like losing access to stuff. If we change the license to say v6 for the original license, you lose v5 access. 

If you want us to remove v5 from your account, please let us know via a ticket, but this is irreversible and you will then not have v5 access.

• 45 posts
    May 1, 2023 5:39 AM EDT

Thanks Donna, sorry for my confusion

• 6923 posts
    May 1, 2023 5:59 AM EDT

No problem. We have plans to get a better system for our client dashboard in the future. 

• 52 posts
    May 1, 2023 11:12 AM EDT

Is SE v6.4.0 going to be compatible with PHP v8.1? or which version?

• 6923 posts
    May 1, 2023 11:44 AM EDT

Our requirements are linked above, and also found at the top of our Learning Center, https://community.socialengine.com/blogs . We always have the requirements up to date. At the moment the requirements are PHP 8.0. We are testing for php 8.2 and trying to get our 6.5 release working for that so we are hoping to skip ahead with 6.5 once we get there.

• May 4, 2023 2:02 PM EDT

There are a couple of broken links in this document.

In "V6.4 has new requirements and recommendations.",  this give a 404 error while pointing at https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/130/requirements-v6-3-and-above

"stay connected with the community." this give a 404 error while pointing at https://sehosted.socialengine.com/contact.phpforums

Please make the required corrections.

Thanks,

Benoit

• 6923 posts
    May 4, 2023 6:27 PM EDT

Please fully clear browser cache as all links are working for me other than in chrome which does not fully clear. I do not like chrome for that reason though I use it.