DELETE USERS

• 101 posts
    November 17, 2017 5:18 AM EST

I still can not delete users, I select a user, I delete pulse and it is not deleted. Some data is deleted, but the profile continues there and can not be easily deleted. I have discovered that by erasing the entire wall of the member if it can be erased, the problem is that when a user is several years old, it is a work of many hours. I have a specific user who registered in 2013 and I managed to delete it until 2016. It took several hours to erase this data and I still have three years to erase from its Wall. Now it has emerged to delete several users also with the same age, I will have to spend several days to delete this data. For when that update that corrects the problem of the complete deletion of the profile?

• 6923 posts
    November 17, 2017 1:49 PM EST

It should be showing an error in your error logs. Check your error logs and see what shows up. 

• 101 posts
    November 17, 2017 2:39 PM EST

Fatal error: Call to a member function getType() on null in /home/channel/public_html/application/modules/Core/Model/Like.php on line 82

• 101 posts
    November 17, 2017 2:39 PM EST

Fatal error: Call to a member function getType() on null in /home/channel/public_html/application/modules/Core/Model/Like.php on line 82

• 6923 posts
    November 17, 2017 3:03 PM EST

Please send a ticket to our support if you have access as we do have a fix coming in 4.10 for this and perhaps we can apply it to your site. I am not sure if it is something that can be applied to the site or if it needs to wait for an upgrade. 4.10 is scheduled to release in beta in December.

• 101 posts
    November 18, 2017 7:17 AM EST

I already put several tickets with this problem. I will wait for the next update and spend some time and be tested by more members. Although I already have panico with updating something, and if that update is from the SocialEngineAddons plugins ... it's not panic ... it's real terror.

• 6923 posts
    November 18, 2017 2:09 PM EST

If you will update the original ticket with a response to it, that will reopen it for our technicians to perhaps apply the patch directly to your site for this issue. 

• 101 posts
    November 18, 2017 4:01 PM EST

Ok, I'll try to see. Although as I say I have panic to touch something

• gs
    • 857 posts
    November 18, 2017 5:00 PM EST

==> 'Although I already have panico with updating something, and if that update is from the SocialEngineAddons plugins ... it's not panic ... it's real terror.'

==>'Although as I say I have panic to touch something'

Although I understand your concern, I suggest to be sure you have multiple backups of your site (all files and database).  Although in the past two years I have seldom used the backups, I definitely have never needed the backups due to work performed by SE and SEAO Support staff.  No 3PD is perfect and error(s) may occur when work is performed, but neither SE or any of the 8 3PDs that have worked on my site have crashed it to the point of requiring a restore.  But backups are good practice, just in case and may help you sleep better

• 8 posts
    December 21, 2017 2:36 AM EST
    I cant delete more than 5 or 6 members at a time also and I have about 400 to 600 I need to delete every month
    • 6923 posts
    December 21, 2017 4:26 AM EST

We already have his issue resolved with a bug fix for 4.10 for issues with old comments and likes that weren't deleted from content. It is not for new users as those delete fine.

• 38 posts
    January 2, 2018 1:27 PM EST

Looking forward to a fix for this, our issue is sorta like this, in our case, any user who is older then X length we can't delete, we get a error, this includes anyone who decides they want to remove their own account and uses the account deletion function it errors, and if we try to from the admin panel, error as well.

we have to do it from the database and at that point thats a headach.

• 378 posts
    April 16, 2020 11:28 AM EDT

Did this get fixed? I am encountering this as well and am running v4.10.5

• 6923 posts
    April 16, 2020 11:35 AM EDT

Yes our end was fixed in 4.10 but if you have third party plugins, those can still be an issue. It's best to clear your error log and then try deleting a user and see what spits out into the log file for an error. Sometimes, the upgrades were not fully done if there were plugins on the site that were not purchased from our store. Those plugins would have modified the database tables and cause an issue in the upgrade routine that you may not have noticed. 

• 378 posts
    April 16, 2020 11:40 AM EDT

ok cool - thanks!

• 101 posts
    April 16, 2020 12:50 PM EDT

I still cannot delete users, I have to do it from the database. I already learned the way and finished earlier.
    I think the fault is with the SEAO plugins, they modify the tables in the database and then cannot be deleted.
    I have removed from my site 5 databases that SEAO and other developers have created. I am trying to clean files.
    I have removed patches that were in the original data base, repeating and deprecated tables, which I have no idea why.
    Deleted bases and files I have gained 12 MG.
    I have version 4.10.4 installed, I have tried to install version 4.10.5 and it has all come down.
    I have had to back out, continue with version 4.10.4.
    I think my site can no longer be updated anymore, the installed plugins do not support the server requirements to install version 4.10.5.
    At the moment I try to continue cleaning files manually and then I'll see how I do it, I'm considering disabling all the SEAO plugins, and trying to update again.

• 378 posts
    April 17, 2020 1:21 PM EDT

I only used SES plugins - FYI

• 101 posts
    April 17, 2020 3:15 PM EDT

I have also used SES plugins, I left the SES support team one of the 2 social networks I had to remove SEAO plugins and install SES plugins.
    Buy ALL.
    And after buying them they tell me that I have to become a member of the club.
    I became a club member, and after becoming a club member they tell me that I have to buy support.
    I asked them what was the objective of being a member of the Club, and they told me to have access to all the accessories for free.
    And that you would have to buy a support service to install them.
    I felt ripped off
    Buy support and to get the network up and running and I haven't bought anything from them again.
    Currently, that social network made a backup and terminated the server, I do not think it will start again.
    They took advantage of little Spanish that does not speak English and does not know anything about development. I don't want to know anything about SES, or about Vaibhav.