Invite feature based on Member Level

• 25 posts
    January 16, 2018 6:25 AM EST

Hello World,

This post regards the general use of the invite feature, I hope it will be considered and in use in upcoming release of SEPHP 4.10.

I think that the option to grant the possibility for all members to invite any other members (if autorized by the admin) may not be suitable and should be regulated as part of the many options in the Member Level.

The reason being is moderation, new and unknown Members having a Regular Level by default may invite any one even not recommended new members, so it should be best to grant the option to invite others only to a particular Member level nad let the admin choose if the regular members have the right to invite others.

In other words, the right to invite others (if granted by admin) should not be automatic and for all but an option in the member level to grant this privilege for certains members.

Regards

This post was edited by Bruno31 at January 16, 2018 6:27 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 16, 2018 7:10 AM EST

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your suggestion. 4.10 is too far along to include new features but this is a good idea for a future version. For now, you can always set the default member level with strict permissions for site access so that you can monitor those members before they can post to the site. If that helps. 

• 25 posts
    January 16, 2018 7:28 AM EST

Hi Donna,

Thank you for your fast response, consideration and recommendation.

I came to this idea to improve the SEPHP default invite feature, because I wanted to grant the privilege to invite only to a certain kind of member: like for businesses' accounts that may invite their clients but not the invited clients to invite their friends.

Have a great day.

Regards,

• gs
    • 857 posts
    January 16, 2018 6:33 PM EST

In the mean time, if the Invite function is done by use of a widget, then the below Plugin could be useful.  I use a Plugin for Invites, so I don't know if SE uses a widget or not.

https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/advanced-core

• 25 posts
    January 17, 2018 4:23 AM EST

Hello Gs,

As of now and as far as I know, the default SEPHP inviter function and feature is not a widget but an option found in the signup process of the Admin panel (admin/user/signup/index/signup_id/1).

But the SEAO plugin named “Quick & Single Step Signup” complicates this by changing the above url by “/admin/sitequicksignup/settings” and removing the SEPHP invite feature that I was not able to found.

I think that the invite feature is important for the admins who want to try to control the quality of your new members for moderation purposes, making it an option based upon Member Level settings should be appropriate and a must have.

Thank you for reading this post.

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 3:52 AM EDT

It's a feature that cannot be disabled for certain member levels because it's found within 4 areas of the site. Sign up process, members browse page in the banner area, quick links in member home page and the main navigation menu for all signed in members.