SocialEngine PHP 4.10.0 RC1 Released!

• 6923 posts
    January 26, 2018 1:04 PM EST

We're happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 4.10.0 RC1. This is the Release Candidate which is still a testing version. We recommend using this for a fresh install on a development site or new site without third party plugins. 

Full details are in our blog post. Please fully read the blog before installing. If you find bugs, please post those in a new bug report - one issue at a time. For those using PHP 7.2, we have a note in the blog to wait for stable release as we are finding work arounds for some bugs in PHP 7.2 and also for a few issues in SE PHP with that version.

Thank you!

• 629 posts
    January 26, 2018 1:55 PM EST

Love it! Keep them coming! The updates I mean.

I noticed with the beta releases, the downloads area only provides the update core as a .zip file. Not upgrade packages or the packages of 4.10 for the plugins. Is this intentional?

• 378 posts
    January 26, 2018 4:23 PM EST

looking good!

This post was edited by ITLJames at January 27, 2018 2:21 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 29, 2018 4:53 AM EST
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Love it! Keep them coming! The updates I mean.

I noticed with the beta releases, the downloads area only provides the update core as a .zip file. Not upgrade packages or the packages of 4.10 for the plugins. Is this intentional?

That's mentioned in our blog. Yes, it is intentional.

• 6923 posts
    January 29, 2018 4:53 AM EST
    ITLJames said:

looking good!

Thank  you!

• 75 posts
    February 8, 2018 10:36 AM EST

How does it work when one buys the Advanced setup license?

Does it all comes in one bundle (core + plugins)? Or one would be still able to download and install the plugins one at a time?

In the Advance bundle there are a few plugins that we do not need / might conflict with what we are going to do in terms of customization. Hence we'd rather build the installation up one step at the time.

Please let us know

• 6923 posts
    February 8, 2018 10:53 AM EST
    David said:

How does it work when one buys the Advanced setup license?

Does it all comes in one bundle (core + plugins)? Or one would be still able to download and install the plugins one at a time?

In the Advance bundle there are a few plugins that we do not need / might conflict with what we are going to do in terms of customization. Hence we'd rather build the installation up one step at the time.

Please let us know

You would install the core files and then each plugin individually per the installation instructions. So, you can install just what you need. You can also purchase the core and then choose which plugins you want to buy if you don't want to buy them all in the full bundle.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 8, 2018 11:48 AM EST
    '...In the Advance bundle there are a few plugins that we do not need / might conflict with what we are going to do in terms of customization...'

Fortunately the latest 4.09 release now includes the ability to Enable/Disable each Plugin (and Disable seems to actually work), so if you do purchase everything, you may later decide which to turn off if you replace it or have a conflict with it. I originally purchased everything, but now only use Core and Photo Albums because all other modules have been replaced with 3PD products and/or customizations (I use an Adv Albums product that requires the SE Photo Albums, or else that would be disabled too).
    This post was edited by gs at February 8, 2018 11:50 AM EST