Modify the database

• 106 posts
    February 2, 2018 12:36 PM EST

Hello,

I am changing the url of my site netyzz.com by netizz.com, so I think I should modify all the data corresponding to the word netyzz in my database.

I would like to know if there is any solution to modify this fastly.

And if not, or if it's too complicated to realize without any knowledge, I want to know if data in the table "engine4_core_referrers" is important because I have a lot of data with the word Netyzz here in this table. If it's not useful at all, I could erase all data here.

• 106 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:20 PM EST

Oh I see now that I'm in the wrong forum, sorry for this mistake.

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:21 PM EST

I can move it to the right section. Not a problem.

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:22 PM EST

It's moved to the right area. 

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:23 PM EST

If you mean this, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/1680502-admin-panel---stats->-referring-urls?b_id=14386 , the tutorial shows how to easily remove them. I suggest trying the tutorial and see if that clears out that database as I'm not on my testing site at the moment to test it.

• 106 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:45 PM EST

Thank you this will help me, can it make my site more slowly if there is a lot of data in the table "engine4_core_referrers" ?

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 3:10 PM EST

I don't know. I suppose if you don't need the data, it's best to remove it. I tested on my local and that setting in that tutorial does remove the data from that table. I suggest using the setting if you aren't using that data. You could make it a habit to clear it periodically.

• 106 posts
    February 2, 2018 10:59 PM EST

Okay thank you for your informations !

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 3, 2018 12:00 AM EST

@Donna: pardon my ignorance, but why is this necessary; what does it do?  If one changes their domain, what has to be changed in the database?  thx.

• 6923 posts
    February 3, 2018 5:26 AM EST

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2019547-moving-your-website-to-another-server?b_id=14386 I suggest to change what's there. Then, if you made any custom menus with full URL, you need to update those. I don't know what else as I have only changed mine from subfolder to main and didn't have to change anything else other than .htaccess . I didn't have any third party plugins so you may have to check that stuff too. I suppose if there were links to places on the site, you need to change that. 

• 106 posts
    February 3, 2018 4:16 PM EST

Hey I also would like to know, can I erase all data in the table engine4_user_logins without any issue ?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 3, 2018 5:04 PM EST

Thanks Donna for the link and answer, but my apologies - I already read that link and since it didn't answer my question, I then asked it.

Maybe I should be asking the OP the purpose of performing mass replacements in the Database if only the domain is changing.  I realize about absolute vs. relative URLs/links (which is why ADMINs should only use Relative URLs/links for any references to their site, but I'm too new at this to know what other changes must be made to the database (and there's nothing about this in the SE link you provided, so I'm really at a loss for why the database changes are necessary, unless this is simply a text thing so any posts, comments, etc. that had text of Domain1 that should now be Domain2 must be changed).

• 6923 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:31 AM EST
    Yungsun said:

Hey I also would like to know, can I erase all data in the table engine4_user_logins without any issue ?

Looks like it's ok but test on a development site. Noting that your stats for the user logins will not work correctly if you remove these, from what I see on my local test.

Always backup the database before doing things in it.

• 6923 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:33 AM EST

@gs, I'm not sure what you were asking perhaps? Can you clarify? If it isn't for this topic, please make a new one so that it's easier to follow your request.Some of this stuff is new to me as well since I've not done anything with these details on my own site or here even. We moved this site from our testing area to this area after setup. We didn't change any database stuff for urls from what I recall.

• 106 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:37 AM EST
    Donna said:

Looks like it's ok but test on a development site. Noting that your stats for the user logins will not work correctly if you remove these, from what I see on my local test.

Always backup the database before doing things in it.

Ok thank you I will backup my database before doing any other thing