Adsense Crawler Access

• 2 posts
    February 3, 2018 11:49 AM EST

Hope I'm in the right place! Does anyone know the proper credentials to use to give adsense access to password protected pages? What is the correct login URL, method, and parameters for crawler access? Thanks

• 6923 posts
    February 4, 2018 5:44 AM EST

You may want to use better ad sources such as Rakuten Linkshare as you don't need to deal with the privacy issue and new adsense policies. It's nearly impossible to completely control user comments on a social network, as one example. With Rakuten, and other affiliate programs, you pick and choose the ads shown and have much more freedom in that regard. 

I'll look at this issue on Monday and see if I can find a solution if no one posts but cannot guarantee an answer to the adsense question as it's not something I use. We used Rakuten here and when I put ads on my site, I use it there. 

• 2 posts
    February 9, 2018 10:09 AM EST

Hi Donna, have you found any solutions to this yet?

• 6923 posts
    February 9, 2018 1:36 PM EST

I use Rakuten and we used it here too. I don't use adsense. I'll see if I can set up an adsense to test this. Sorry to have forgotten. Please PM me on monday to remind me.

• 6923 posts
    February 12, 2018 8:10 AM EST

I'm not sure of your issue. I didn't use the login feature at adsense. I created an ad campaign, put it on a public page for them to approve the account. Then, I put it on the private pages after it was approved and it works fine for me. If your account is approved, the ads should show up. I'm not sure how to get the login to work though if giving the crawler login details.

• 31 posts
    February 19, 2018 3:51 PM EST

Google Adsense crawler does not work with the current "spam" blocking that you are not able to disable unless you go in and change the actual code. (the option to disable spam on login does NOT work).

Once you remove the spam login blocking, google adsense crawler will be able to login again.

Again. Huge issue. No notice, Use some other network when the majority of the planet uses Adsense. Poor form.

• 31 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:05 PM EST

Also the affiliate site you are listing as an alternative.. is NOT CPM. It is a CPA network that requires users make a purchase... Adsense is a set it forget it solution.

The fact that Social Engine stops supporting the largest CPM advertising network in the world is a real shame. 

• 6923 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:30 PM EST

We haven't. I gave an alternative that I use. I also noted that adsense works fine in all of my testing.

• 31 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:35 PM EST

It 100% does not work if the site is a closed network (ie requires login to view any pages) Adsense will eventually block your ads because it can not view your site.

The crawler will not be able to access the site with the login you provide.. because social engine hard coded robot spam blocking into the login attempts.

There is zero way adsense would be working UNLESS your entire website is public accessed (in which case crawler access wouldnt be needed so not relevant to this question)

This post was edited by DreamCoder at February 19, 2018 4:42 PM EST