Language displayed

• 106 posts
    February 6, 2018 1:08 PM EST

Hello, I would like to know if there is a solution to display the language used by visitors, maybe the one used on their navigator?

• 6923 posts
    February 7, 2018 6:04 AM EST

Do you mean to see it in admin or do you mean for them to automatically see the site in their language?

• 106 posts
    February 7, 2018 3:11 PM EST

Yes I mean users should automatically see the site in their language

• 6923 posts
    February 7, 2018 5:22 PM EST

I don't know the answer to this. I'll have to find a way to test it.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 7, 2018 9:11 PM EST

So basically you want SE to automatically read the selected language from your browser (if browser supports this) and somehow set the SE language to the same or similar?  And you prefer to do this instead of using the browser's builtin translator?

This post was edited by gs at February 7, 2018 9:13 PM EST
    • 106 posts
    February 7, 2018 11:23 PM EST

Gs yes I exactly want my site to appear using the navigator language of the users. If it was possible to do this by using the browser's bulltin translator, I wouldn't be disturbed if this solution is easier, as I understand what you are saying.

The most important to me is to make appear the website as practical and enjoyable as possible, for all the users, and the language is an important detail.

• 106 posts
    February 7, 2018 11:26 PM EST

Donna ok so I'm waiting for your update if you find any solution

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 8, 2018 2:08 AM EST

https://socialenginemarket.com/plugins/translation-plugin-widgetized

Although I have 4 SEM Plugins and they've done an EXCELLENT job of development of a 500+hr customization, I have not used the above linked Plugin. But you may wish to contact them to see if this will do what you require. They truly are an incredible 3PD to work with and their Plugins are solid. Fast support too. Nice people to work with.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at February 8, 2018 7:19 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    February 8, 2018 7:19 AM EST

That might work. I don't recall if my free google translate had that option so your post @gs seems a good one to try.

• 106 posts
    February 9, 2018 10:48 AM EST

Hello thank you for these informations to you both, I have in fact bought a plugin to Socialengineaddons.com here : https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-language-translator-multilingual-plugin

I hope this could be useful too, I will contact both developers anyway