Total SE Beginner - is there a startup guide?

• 8 posts
    February 17, 2018 1:58 PM EST

Hey everyone. Complete noob here as my site was just finished loading. Is there some kind of checklist or guide that you would recommend to configure the community? I find myself a bit lost in the admin area trying to figure out how to do the simplest things. Any help would be appreciated.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 17, 2018 2:51 PM EST

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1686929-socialengine-php-v4-table-of-contents?_ga=2.169132769.1306849266.1518896455-1286213919.1518454558

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/topics/680811-tips-and-tutorials/articles

The above may be more than what you're looking for, but after a quick read through everything it should provide a good understanding of what can be done and how (for many things).  For me it helped provide an overview of what can be done which I referred to as needed.  I would suggest that you make periodic backups of your site and database (so that you may feel more comfortable in making whatever changes you wish). 

Maybe someone else will chime in with an actual Step by Step guide, but it seems the documentation is written in (somewhat) of an order that's a good sequence to follow for configuration. 

Welcome aboard.  SE is a great platform with lots of additional functionality available in 3PD (3rd Party Developer) Plugins/Themes.  There's a lot of good people here, the SE Staff is responsive/helpful, and many of the 3PD Experts are great to work with and offer very useful products for when you need them.

• 8 posts
    February 17, 2018 3:16 PM EST

wow. amazing reply GS. Thanks a ton for all the information!

• 6923 posts
    February 18, 2018 5:08 AM EST

Welcome aboard and thanks @gs! 

There are also video tutorials at our Youtube channel. I hadn't had time lately to add more but perhaps those will help too. Might want to stick with those within the past year or two. Older ones might or might not be relevant.