Video Uploads Default Settings Stuck

• 12 posts
    February 20, 2018 3:57 PM EST

Since I was last here we successfully upgraded to 4.9.4... now it looks like 4.10 is ready to go (lol) but we'll have to wait on that. The upgrade solved a few of our issues but I'm still stuck on one pesky item.

When a user uploads a video from their computer HD / device the VIDEO PRIVACY and VIDEO COMMENT OPTIONS are both default set to "Just Me" 

I've gone to the backend and played with the 6 options for each video but no matter what boxes I check/uncheck my user video still defaults to "Just Me" - even when Just Me is unchecked - see images below. 

Am I missing something or is this a known bug?
    We are planning to add an Advanced Video Plugin soon but i'm hoping to straighten this out for our closed Beta test 
    thanks in advance for any advice 

• 6923 posts
    February 21, 2018 9:47 AM EST

Do you see the same issue at our demo?

I'll give this a test on my local site too, if you'll please check the demo just in case I can't reproduce your issue locally. It helps to also see a test of the demo or know it's been tested there to rule out site specific issues.

• 6923 posts
    February 21, 2018 10:03 AM EST

When I test, for Default member level settings in the video plugin, if I select as you have it for Everyone as the only box selected then the user has no privacy options at all to select from as no options will show if there is only one selection in admin. I'm not able to reproduce it as you show it above. Can you make sure you are checking the same member level that you are setting the settings for please?

• 12 posts
    February 23, 2018 12:20 AM EST

Thanks Donna - Yes my member levels were all on default. 

Where do I find your demo? Idek about that 

• 6923 posts
    February 23, 2018 4:30 AM EST

demo.socialengine.com but I can't reproduce this. I've tried.