Updates and Friends page in Layout Editor

• 6 posts
    July 13, 2017 5:23 PM EDT

Hello,

I am trying to identify in the layout editor what is the name of the page where we see the updated and also friendship requests. The URL in the frontend is this: www.sitename.com/activity/notifications 

I already tried search by notification, friends, updates but could not identify what is this page.

Thanks,

• 629 posts
    July 14, 2017 7:24 PM EDT
    Sieg said:

Hello,

I am trying to identify in the layout editor what is the name of the page where we see the updated and also friendship requests. The URL in the frontend is this: www.sitename.com/activity/notifications 

I already tried search by notification, friends, updates but could not identify what is this page.

Thanks,

Hi Sieg. Unfortunately, that particular page is not listed in the pages of the layout editor. You can't edit or update modules on that page yet in social engine.

I reported this issue on git hub awhile ago. Whether or not it will be fixed soon is a question I don't yet have an answer to.

If social engine ever comes out with a recent notifications widget, you can try manually recreating the notifications page by creating a new one to achieve similar functionality through widgets.

• 6 posts
    July 17, 2017 8:50 AM EDT

Well, this is one of those thing that make me feel that Social Engine suffer for a high user experience issue.

Just to illustrate the problem:

1- In the core setting there is a option to choose how user connection will work, along the default friend system there is a follow system.

2- In the notification area there is a widget that display your friendship request.

3- If you are using the follow system make no sense to have a empty friendship request widget in notification area. 

• 629 posts
    July 17, 2017 11:55 AM EDT
    Sieg said:

Well, this is one of those thing that make me feel that Social Engine suffer for a high user experience issue.

Just to illustrate the problem:

1- In the core setting there is a option to choose how user connection will work, along the default friend system there is a follow system.

2- In the notification area there is a widget that display your friendship request.

3- If you are using the follow system make no sense to have a empty friendship request widget in notification area. 

I agree. This was one of the first things I asked for to be able to change years ago on Git Hub. I'm still not sure if it will be or not.