Profiles "Update" tab

• 15 posts
    March 23, 2018 8:46 AM EDT

Hey people,

I have my member's profile set for public view....but i need to hide the updates tab from non-loggedin members...

Any thoughts how to do it?

Thx in advance

• 119 posts
    March 23, 2018 9:23 AM EDT

Which version of SE PHP are you using?

The security is for the whole member module, it is either "show all members" or "don't show members" for guests. Believe this is the case for all versions of SE PHP.

This feature will have to be hard coded in the software like: 

• If Logged_in = False do not show the updates tab
    • If member_level <> guest, do show the updates tab

If it is hard coded/quick fix then when an update comes out the file will be overwritten.

I personally don't have the solution for this as there are a few ways to do this, maybe Donna and her Team might have a quick fix

• 15 posts
    March 23, 2018 9:34 AM EDT

Hey Maurits, thx for the reply...

Im using the latest version php...

Indeed its a feature that include alk profile, or nothing, but for a network like mine, its extremly important to show member profile, but not updates tab...

I know i need to code it like : loggedin...loggedout...i done it millions of times with SE3, but with SE4 i need to know where is the "core" of the update tab...

• 119 posts
    March 23, 2018 11:27 AM EDT

Hi Ricaro,

I believe it is a separate file to populate the tabs, not sure:

\application\modules\Core\views\scripts\_navJsTabs.tpl

I can not find a "normal" user.tpl file anywhere

• gs
    • 857 posts
    March 23, 2018 11:57 AM EDT

https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/advanced-core

The above Plugin may provide what you need.  As you can see from the screenshots, you may check whichever MLs you wish, then whatever is inside the Plugin's Container is controlled by these settings.  The 2nd screenshot shows the Activity Feed Tab (3PD, not SE) just like any other tab (obviously the Tab Title may be changed).  This is an extremely beneficial Plugin, and it's free (consider sending them some $$ because it's worth quite a bit once you begin realizing all the pages you'll use it on).  Their support was quick when I contacted them.  I'm not sure if it's been updated to 4.10.* since I'm using it on 4.09.04p4.

• 15 posts
    March 23, 2018 1:34 PM EDT

Thx for the info gs,

It looks like a good solution, but unfortunelly, it doesnt work with latest SE version...i tested it.

im gonna contact them, anyway...

• gs
    • 857 posts
    March 23, 2018 6:14 PM EDT

==> '...im gonna contact them, anyway...'

Prolly a good idea because hopefully they'll update it for a small fee.  It's such a very useful Plugin that they could easily sell.  Plus it's standalone (i.e. although it's named Web Core, there's no actual separate Core req).

Eventually I will contact them for a customization to allow config by Packages that are part of other Plugins I have, which will provide much needed control and flexibility in those Plugins that would require hundreds of hours of design/dev/testing.  It really is a brilliant Plugin in that it offers so much in such a simple to config widget.

Pls post back if you find out they support 4.10.*.  thx.