SocialEngine vs SEO vs Insignia vs Sitemap vs Google

• 15 posts
    March 25, 2018 3:26 PM EDT

hey people, what's up?

First of all, my setup: Im running latest version of SE4, with only 1 plugin, classifieds, with Insignia Theme.

My site has classifieds and profiles set to PUBLIC, if i go to a browser, i CAN see the user profile page and classifieds, so far so good...

ISSUE:

I made a sitemap, uploaded it to Google....no profile page showing, and 50 pages showing : Login to your account....bla bla bla...

No classifieds like : title -> descripton....just shows the browse page meta info..

MORE :

I have around 490 urls like this in my sitemap, and in Google (66 results) :

http://XXXXXXXXXX.es/login/return_url/64-L2xvZ2luL3JldHVybl91cmwvNjQtTDJ4dloybHVMM0psZEhWeWJsOTFjbXd2TmpRdFRIY2xNMFFsTTBRJTNE

TEST YOUR SITE:

You can test your site like this :

Google : site:yoursitehere.com

Bing: url:yoursitehere.com

Let me know if the issue is with my setup/site or bug from SE

Thx in advance

• 15 posts
    March 25, 2018 4:23 PM EDT

So far, what i tested, found...:

Robots file : robots.txt (default SE)

User-agent: * Disallow: /application/ Disallow: /development/ Disallow: /externals/ Disallow: /temporary/

When using FETCH AS GOOGLE, this file will block every single css/js file possible, that means google will show everything plain text...popups, etc...

Insignia uses popup for signup/login and the Header Title as H1 tag.......so, google will fetch the link and H1 tag as page result.

At this point, my robots.txt file looks like this (don't try this at home) :

User-agent: *

When using FETCH AS GOOGLE, it will show exactly the same as if a user sees the page...now, im waiting for the result on site:mysitehere.com

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• 15 posts
    March 26, 2018 4:08 AM EDT

Back to info...

After the test (robots.txt) i see google shows now 128 results:

Profile -> Profile User Name + Site Name | Site Description (should be Member description)

Classifieds -> Title + Description (good)

and around 6 pages with : http://XXXXXXXXXX.es/login/return_url/64-L2xvZ2luL3JldHVybl91cmwvNjQtTDJ4dloybHVMM0psZEhWeWJsOTFjbXd2TmpRdFRIY2xNMFFsTTBRJTNE

Weird....

• 6923 posts
    March 26, 2018 4:55 AM EDT

Why not block login in the robots? Did that not work? 

• 15 posts
    March 26, 2018 5:03 AM EDT

Hey Donna,

I updated now my robots.txt file :

User-agent: * Disallow: /login/return_url/

Waiting for results....again....

• 6923 posts
    March 26, 2018 5:28 AM EDT

Hope it works