Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Should Enable/Disable be available for all 3PD Products?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    April 24, 2018 7:00 PM EDT

(SE version = 4.09.04p4)

I just went to Disable a 3PD Plugin in Pkg Mgr and it had no Enable/Disable option.  All other 3PD products (and it seems all SE Plugins) have this, so I'm asking if this is an error with the 3PD/product, or if this is allowed by SE?

I am specifically asking about SE 4.09.04p4 (or related versions) not 4.10.* (as I won't be upgrading to that any time soon, and the ability to completely disable a Plugin (and actually have it be disabled, not just flagged) has been functional since about 4.09.03* I think).

Thank you.

This post was edited by gs at April 24, 2018 7:01 PM EDT
    • 5860 posts
    April 25, 2018 4:52 AM EDT

Moved to correct forum section for 3rd party product discussions. They should have one but they don't have to. Check the manifest.php file. My little widgets have a delete but not a disable. Here's the code to look for, for disable/enable:

'actions' => array( 'install', 'upgrade', 'refresh', 'enable', 'disable', ),
    • 5860 posts
    April 25, 2018 4:58 AM EDT

Should small widgets have the enable/disable? I can look at adding it to my ScriptTechs ones.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    April 25, 2018 12:35 PM EDT

@Donna.  Thanks.  I guess I was hoping for a 'have to' not a 'should'.  Fortunately as I mentioned, only 1 Plugin by 7-8 3PDs on my site doesn't have this option.  I'm waiting for a reply from the 3PD, but since it's not a requirement then there's not much I can do to force the issue :(

• 5860 posts
    April 26, 2018 5:16 AM EDT

I think they should have it. We don't have those terms though, unfortunately. Not yet. It's a good idea though, to ensure we add it.