Multiple Front Ends

• 25 posts
    May 1, 2018 2:29 PM EDT

Been mulling this question over in my head so I figured I would ask. In an effort to go High Availability can we run multiple web servers running on the same data source? Or would we have to buy multiple licenses for each Apache node? 

Peter Gruessing

www.galify.com

• 6923 posts
    May 1, 2018 2:58 PM EDT

I've moved this from feature requests to general help and tips. 

Yes, you can set up the site for high availability. It's not something we can help with but this site is set up that way. As long as it is for one website. You said "multiple front ends" for the title. That isn't high availability unless I'm reading it wrong. Do you want high availability for one website, or do you want various front ends with different content for your members? One way means one license (high availability with one website) and the other means multiple licenses (multiple sites with different content for each instance). 

Here is a general tutorial for some stuff, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/1637065-socialengine-performance-and-speed-enhancement-tips?b_id=14386 and there are tuts for storage and cache at our kb. Other than that, you'll need to get help from others who have done it, or perhaps your server folks unless you have the know-how to do it yourself.