PROFILE QUESTIONS

• 18 posts
    May 1, 2018 10:33 PM EDT

I want to add choices in the language a field that I created as single choice box in the profile questions for new users when signing up.

Does anyone know where to find the related database and manually put those choices?

Also does Social Engine have a limit with the number of choices editable?

Where are located all the database (also for the country one)?

Is the location field made by Social Engine using proximity search and geolocation or is only a text field?

Looking forward for assistance.

Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2018 5:06 AM EDT

I've moved this to help and tips as it is not a bug. Please search before posting as I believe someone else asked this before. There isn't a proximity search in the default SocialEngine features. Perhaps a third party expert has one. I know there is a feature request to add a google map feature to profiles.

• May 3, 2018 3:41 AM EDT
    Marcus said:

I want to add choices in the language a field that I created as single choice box in the profile questions for new users when signing up.

Does anyone know where to find the related database and manually put those choices?

Also does Social Engine have a limit with the number of choices editable?

Where are located all the database (also for the country one)?

Is the location field made by Social Engine using proximity search and geolocation or is only a text field?

Looking forward for assistance.

Thanks.

Hello Marcus, we have this feature in our Advanced Members plugin, so if you want to have a look, you can contact our support team at support@socialenginesolutions.com .

**This plugin does not edit core to provide this feature. We introduce the location with Google locations via Javascript on Signup page.

• 18 posts
    May 3, 2018 9:45 PM EDT

Hi Donna,

I cannot find the post there is no a search box to find a post I need to scroll all of them.

ANyway, I couldn't find it.

I just want to be redirect to the table or database section on my server for Social Engine.

In this way I can add the choices faster and easier.

Don't need search proximity.

I have got a field language which is a select box and I want to add more choices faster not one by one from Social Engine which seems crashing after a few.

Thanks

• 6923 posts
    May 4, 2018 5:02 AM EDT

There is a search box on the main forum page. At the top of the forum section of the main forum page if that helps. Perhaps the SES plugin would work? So you are looking for the auto locale? If so, go in your admin settings for Locale and set it to automatic. It would go by the browser language settings I believe.

• 18 posts
    May 4, 2018 10:45 PM EDT

No I have already solved the issue.

I am creating a field in the signup process.

It's like a custom field that I called Language and I wanted to edit choices but rather than adding one by one I wanted to know where is the db related to that field.

Already found it.

Thanks anyway.