Inbox Smileys

• RHM
    • 7 posts
    May 2, 2018 8:05 AM EDT

On our 4.10.2 install > inbox messages > composing a message. If you type a heart as many people do and press enter, it produces :& gt;  instead.

1. Compose message.

2. Type :> (ENTER)

3. It shows:

:&

gt;

• RHM
    • 7 posts
    May 2, 2018 8:09 AM EDT

I think it is anything involving an angle bracket.  <3   does the same.

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2018 10:09 AM EDT

Does it work after you send the message? Are you using TinyMCE in the messages or not? 

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2018 10:10 AM EDT

Oh I just noticed you put it for a smiley not in the list. Please click the emoticon/smiley button when composing the message and choose from the allowed smileys. I will move this out of the bug reports as the ones you are trying are not in the default smileys for im.

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2018 10:13 AM EDT

Testing this, the other emoticons do work but the heart isand not <3. You would need to change it in the code.

• RHM
    • 7 posts
    May 3, 2018 8:20 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Does it work after you send the message? Are you using TinyMCE in the messages or not? 

No, it sends the HTML that it created in the message. I understand that it is not a valid emoticon but it still turns <3 or anything with < angle brackets into HTML code, when it could just print the bracket. I will look into adding emoticons.

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2018 8:46 AM EDT

A client has done that, added emoticons instead. They posted in our community but didn't post how they did. Perhaps if you search for that thread and ask there, they may provide some tips. 

• 6923 posts
    May 3, 2018 8:51 AM EDT

oops, I meant emoji, http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/435/replace-smileys-with-emoji-4-10-0beta1

• RHM
    • 7 posts
    May 3, 2018 9:18 AM EDT

Thanks Donna.