Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Help with SEAO Support

• 32 posts
    May 5, 2018 12:07 AM EDT
    Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get some traction on open support tickets with SEAO. Or an alternate method in contacting SEAO. We have several open tickets that we cannot seem to get any attention on. Most are weeks old. We are not interested in opening up a bash SEAO thread. That's not our intentions. We simply have issues, and need suggestions on how to get someone to seriously look into them. Thanks in advance.
    • 5860 posts
    May 5, 2018 5:19 AM EDT

There is already a thread with a few other members for this topic and SEAO is in that thread so they would get a notice of the post. It does help if you let them know you've posted a thread here. We suggest that clients post reviews of their experience with products and experts as this helps them to improve. Knowing an issue is how an issue can be resolved. If no one lets them know, they don't know that they need to improve something. Perhaps management doesn't know that the support issue exists for your account. You can also PM them here if you don't want to post in that other thread. I can also email them Monday to let them know of this thread, if you remind me.

• 32 posts
    May 5, 2018 9:25 AM EDT

Thanks for the reply Donna. I will pursue your suggestions.

• 5860 posts
    May 5, 2018 9:38 AM EDT

You're welcome. Happy to help. My pm box is always open as well, in case anyone needs to contact me directly. Just click the Friend button first as I do limit it to friends only. smile However, I accept all friend requests. Never bitten anyone...yet. laughing

• 331 posts
    May 7, 2018 9:28 AM EDT
    CNDAdmin said:
    Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get some traction on open support tickets with SEAO. Or an alternate method in contacting SEAO. We have several open tickets that we cannot seem to get any attention on. Most are weeks old. We are not interested in opening up a bash SEAO thread. That's not our intentions. We simply have issues, and need suggestions on how to get someone to seriously look into them. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback, we totally respect it and are aware of that it is for the betterment of our services. 
    We have taken your feedback seriously and all your concerns will be worked upon so that you do not get to face such an inconvenience again. 
    We would like to inform you that we have taken all your tickets on utmost priority and only a few issues are left to be resolved. You may check the detailed reply in the tickets. 
    Thank You. 

• 5860 posts
    May 7, 2018 9:30 AM EDT

That's great to hear @SEAO :)

• 53 posts
    May 7, 2018 10:15 PM EDT

@donna - I mean this from no disrespect, but this is now becoming a systemic issue with SEAO. Is there something that can be done to protect new and existing SE users from the consistent bad support and service they are offering?

• 5860 posts
    May 8, 2018 5:01 AM EDT
    FM Ryan said:

@donna - I mean this from no disrespect, but this is now becoming a systemic issue with SEAO. Is there something that can be done to protect new and existing SE users from the consistent bad support and service they are offering?

We recommend purchasing tested plugins (certified). The problem is, there are a ton of good reviews too. More good than bad. So, when we see that, it's hard to say there are a high percent of these issues if you get what I mean. However, we do want to improve things so we are in discussions about what to do regarding the mp, reviews, experts and clients. To try to make things better. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    May 8, 2018 7:31 AM EDT
    How does Certified guarantee faster support resolution to tix? Or Plugins that have few bugs? A bug-free install is meaningless if the Plugin has many issues after a clean install.

Good reviews for some 3PDs and/or products are useless because they may be coaxed. Reviews can't be changed so later experience(s) can't be shared. An up/down type rating is useless (there should be at minimum a multistar rating and comment available for numerous individual data points), etc.

To be fair, there are also client issues that interfere w/Plugins or resolutions to issues. But in an effort to not look like the 3PD is blaming a client, some 3PDs may not honestly share comments about clients like some clients will about 3PDs.

This post was edited by gs at May 8, 2018 7:33 AM EDT
    • 5860 posts
    May 8, 2018 7:48 AM EDT
    gs said:
    How does Certified guarantee faster support resolution to tix?

We require support tickets be answered and resolved within 5 days. https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/terms-and-privacy

Or Plugins that have few bugs? A bug-free install is meaningless if the Plugin has many issues after a clean install.

When testing, we now also click around in the plugin to test it further. If it shows bugs, we decline it.

Good reviews for some 3PDs and/or products are useless because they may be coaxed. Reviews can't be changed so later experience(s) can't be shared. An up/down type rating is useless (there should be at minimum a multistar rating and comment available for numerous individual data points), etc. To be fair, there are also client issues that interfere w/Plugins or resolutions to issues. But in an effort to not look like the 3PD is blaming a client, some 3PDs may not honestly share comments about clients like some clients will about 3PDs.

If we find any evidence of coaxing or bullying for reviews, it breaks the terms at our marketplace as we had added that when certified opened and so that expert would be removed. Client would be removed for blackmailing for free products or custom work too. It goes both ways.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    May 8, 2018 8:17 AM EDT
    @Donna
    Thanks for the helpful info. I never saw that in the terms until now. There's finally a reason to me for certified - I'll now push 1 specific 3PD to make all Plugins certified - even if they raise their prices to cover their additional fees, it's worth it (I'll just consider it additional support fees on top of exis5ing support fees).

• 5860 posts
    May 8, 2018 8:35 AM EDT

Glad you like the certified mp. I think maybe a lot of clients didn't read the new terms as there are a lot of better protections. 

Appreciate your continued feedback. cool

This post was edited by Donna at May 8, 2018 9:22 AM EDT
    • 5860 posts
    May 8, 2018 8:36 AM EDT

Anyway back to the SEAO topic as I also got us off track. Hopefully, these issues in this thread will be resolved quickly.