• Plans -> Add Plan

• Plans -> Edit the plan

The error:

Adding a new subscription plan you have the options by billing cycle:

"week/month/year/one-time"

When editing the plan the billing cycle is saying: FOREVER

The database table engine4_payment_packages is stating FOREVER

Reproduce the error:

Go to Plans, then add a new plan, create a one off trial plan with a price of 0.00 and a ONE-TIME billing cycle and a duration of 1 month.

Go back to the plans and edit the plan, now the billing cycle states FOREVER.

After saving the plan, look in the database itself in the table engine4_payment_packages the newly created price plan states FOREVER.

Somewhere there is a conversion error in the software

• 2594 posts
    May 9, 2018 9:21 AM EDT

We just checked and this is how it's been at least as far back as we can see, we checked back to 2012. When setting the One Time billing cycle, that trumps everything else and so the 'recurrence_type' will be at 'forever' as that's the way it needs to work. It actually then takes the 'duration' and 'duration_type' and goes from those for when to end it. So this is working as designed. However, it is very confusing. We will improve it in the future.

Also, we saw that there was previously (very long ago - perhaps when T-Rex was around) a Trial option that's been commented out of the code. We will see what we can do in a future release to bring that back to make it easier. I'm moving this to feature requests because it's not an actual bug but we will address the issue.

• 77 posts
    May 9, 2018 11:55 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

That would be good if we can erect the T-Rex (The trial option) again tongue-out one click and set expire time, job done.

It is confusing, I know a few previous versions had only the option FOREVER. I thought I did something wrong but after digging a bit deeper I could see it was software related.

But thanks for putting this as a FR.

Regards,

Maurits

• 2594 posts
    May 9, 2018 1:08 PM EDT

Thanks for bringing it up :) 

• 53 posts
    May 9, 2018 2:04 PM EDT

I have HEARD a rumour that SES is coming out with a plugin that does what you are looking for - but I cannot 100% confirm... 

• gs
    • 820 posts
    May 9, 2018 3:53 PM EDT

I've been confused by this 'Forever' phrase too, but it seems it's just the phrase that is causing the confusion since as @Donna mentioned, they actual length of time is based on the other settings.  Not sure what better word/phrase to use here that conveys the actual usage.

• 53 posts
    May 9, 2018 4:09 PM EDT

The term forever I understood was based on recurring memberships - do you keep billing indefinitely or do you bill each term for a period of time

eg: 15$ for a 30 day membership, each 30 days for 1 year

eg2: 15$ for a 30 day membership FOREVER

eg3: 15$ for 30 days - ONE TIME