How to change the groups page design, where do I edit the file?

• May 10, 2018 12:47 PM EDT

What file do I need to edit?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    May 10, 2018 1:16 PM EDT

ADMINcp-> Appearance-> Layout Editor 

Select 'Group Profile' from drop-down

• May 10, 2018 1:33 PM EDT

ok . I need to edit the /groups  page layout design I know its Groups Browse page but I have to actually go in and edit the code... What file would I edit?

• 6923 posts
    May 10, 2018 1:40 PM EDT

This is something you can do in the layout manager though, via the tutorial I linked in your support ticket. You can edit the column layout, move blocks/widgets around. Editing the code isn't recommended as it can cause issues in site functions if you aren't familiar with Zend and SocialEngine PHP.

However, if you choose to modify the source, you would be looking in application/modules/group and it depends on exactly what you want to do as to which file you would be editing. More info is needed.

• May 10, 2018 2:09 PM EDT

So youre telling me I can get this

To This

Just by using the Layout Manager?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    May 10, 2018 4:01 PM EDT

Well, I don't see an option for that, but maybe someone else is more familiar with SE Groups.  The SEAO Groups/Communities definitely will provide that though.

• May 10, 2018 4:18 PM EDT

Yes I know there is not an option for that... im just looking for the correct *.tpl file so I can edit the look of it... 

• 6923 posts
    May 10, 2018 4:37 PM EDT

You can do a lot of what you want just in the CSS. The page should be application/modules/group/views/scripts/index/browse.tpl but I do not have my local online atm to play around with it. The search box should be just CSS changes though.

• May 11, 2018 2:22 PM EDT

Correct, Im not worried about the Search Box as it is CSS... I was talking about the layout.Thank you for showing me