Packages & Plugins menu generates 404

• 15 posts
    July 17, 2017 7:56 AM EDT

Hello,

I'm posting this issue on the forum because it seems that I'm not the only one who is facing this issue.

When selecting Admin > Manage > Packages & Plugins, HTTP 404 error is issued, and the address bar is showing this redirect: ../install/auth/key?key=150341c144cd9fea6bc8c7de52cd7a693982ee97&uid=1

There is no ../install/auth directory on the server, same as there is no real path as showing when copying the address of that menu option: ../Index.php/admin/packages

Based on recommendations found on the web, I have chimed 777 (full permissions on my Windows server) for ../install/config, but that didn't help.

• 629 posts
    July 17, 2017 12:05 PM EDT
    Shlomo Tommer said:

Hello,

I'm posting this issue on the forum because it seems that I'm not the only one who is facing this issue.

When selecting Admin > Manage > Packages & Plugins, HTTP 404 error is issued, and the address bar is showing this redirect: ../install/auth/key?key=150341c144cd9fea6bc8c7de52cd7a693982ee97&uid=1

There is no ../install/auth directory on the server, same as there is no real path as showing when copying the address of that menu option: ../Index.php/admin/packages

Based on recommendations found on the web, I have chimed 777 (full permissions on my Windows server) for ../install/config, but that didn't help.

Shlomo Tommer, welcome to the community!

Packages and plugins are generally accessible. This sounds like it may be a bit of an issue with a .htaccerss work around on your server. I'm not sure if social engine can run in a windows server environment properly, or even if it is compatible with it.

The redirection issue shouldn't happen, ever. That's what is causing the 404, not the packages plugins menu. If that is the page you are redirected to every time you access that menu, then try a reinstallation to see if it solves the problem.

• 15 posts
    July 18, 2017 2:45 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Packages and plugins are generally accessible. This sounds like it may be a bit of an issue with a .htaccerss work around on your server. I'm not sure if social engine can run in a windows server environment properly, or even if it is compatible with it.

The redirection issue shouldn't happen, ever. That's what is causing the 404, not the packages plugins menu. If that is the page you are redirected to every time you access that menu, then try a reinstallation to see if it solves the problem.

Your welcoming message is greatly appreciated, Elshara.

SocialEngineAddOns has just kindly suggested to take a look at the faulty behavior.

I'll report the findings here once a solution comes up.

This post was edited by Shlomo Tommer at July 18, 2017 2:45 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 18, 2017 5:57 AM EDT

This sounds like a server issue and not a bug with our script. Issue reports are for bugs with our script. You may want to double check server requirements.

When posting bugs, please read the stickied guidelines as we cannot work with an incomplete report. Thank you.

• 15 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:26 AM EDT
    Donna said:

This sounds like a server issue and not a bug with our script. Issue reports are for bugs with our script. You may want to double check server requirements.

When posting bugs, please read the stickied guidelines as we cannot work with an incomplete report. Thank you.

Thank you Donna.

For future reference, where do I post an issue of this sort?

• 6923 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:30 AM EDT

If it's not a bug with our script, and just a site issue, it can be posted in the SEPHP Help and Tips section. smile 

If you do think something is a bug with our script, please do check the stickied posting guidelines so we have the full details. It makes bug testing faster for us.

Thank you!

• 15 posts
    July 18, 2017 6:31 AM EDT
    Donna said:

If it's not a bug with our script, and just a site issue, it can be posted in the SEPHP Help and Tips section. smile 

If you do think something is a bug with our script, please do check the stickied posting guidelines so we have the full details. It makes bug testing faster for us.

Thank you!

Thanks Donna.

• 629 posts
    July 23, 2017 4:23 AM EDT
    Shlomo Tommer said:
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Your welcoming message is greatly appreciated, Elshara.

SocialEngineAddOns has just kindly suggested to take a look at the faulty behavior.

I'll report the findings here once a solution comes up.

My recommendation to you was a good one. I trust them myself. I hope things are fine now with you. If not I'm always here.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:55 AM EDT

Have you resolved this?

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 4:22 AM EDT

I'm assuming so. But I haven't logged on his site to check it out.