Cannot Save Changes In Layout Editor On Profiles

• 629 posts
    July 17, 2017 12:13 PM EDT

On a fresh installation of version 4.9.2p1, going to the layout editor and clicking save changes on any profile after you installed default plugins like mobile, groups, events, does not work.

• 6923 posts
    July 18, 2017 5:58 AM EDT

This sounds like a server issue. This site works fine to save the changes to profile. My site works fine. I'm not seeing this on any test sites. Please read the stickied guidelines to post issues as this report is incomplete.

• 629 posts
    July 23, 2017 4:57 AM EDT
    Donna said:

This sounds like a server issue. This site works fine to save the changes to profile. My site works fine. I'm not seeing this on any test sites. Please read the stickied guidelines to post issues as this report is incomplete.

(Thanks for reporting an issue! Please make sure you click the link above to view the issue guidelines, then fill out the blanks below.)
    What are the steps to reproduce this issue?
    1. … Go to Layout Editor in admin panel. Click appearance, then click on layout. Now click on the link that says layout editor when you pull down the menu under the tool bar. Or just use the short cuts in the dashboard to get there. Alternatively just use it's default URL.
    2. … Go to one of the following pages. Profile page. Group profile page. Event profile page. Mobile profile page. Click on the landing page, and then view the list of available pages. Scroll down to the one you want, and then click on it so it loads. It shouldn't take too long to load. A couple of seconds or so at most wait time.
    3. … Now add a bunch of widgets on it. Click and drag them to any column, remove widgets, add others, go wild. It doesn't matter what change you make, edit columns, add or update widgets, just try it. Now go to where it says save changes. Click on it. Do it again. Then do it once more for good measure.
    What happens?
    … Absolutely nothing. The page just sits there. And then sits there some more. Half an hour later, no change. Essentially, the database doesn't record the updated changes to the page. So it doesn't take effect. But if you try to leave the page, the dialog that comes up asking you if you want to save your changes as they are incomplete, shows immediately. Clicking on stay on this page, lets you return to the unsaved changes, as the refresh doesn't actually happen. But no dialog comes up saying the changes were actually saved. Which is what does happen on every other page of the site.
    What were you expecting to happen?
    … Profiles to not be excluded from being treated the exact same way as other pages behavior in the layout editor.
    Any logs, error output, etc?
    (If it’s long, please paste to https://ghostbin.com/ and insert the link here.)
    Paste Log Here
    Any other comments?
    … No log. But this only started happening since I upgraded to 4.9.0 from 4.8.13. I tested this on a  fresh install and new database, and the same thing happens. Doesn't matter what browser you use, it just doesn't happen. But it saves fine when you do the same thing on a fresh install and a downgraded install at that of 4.8.13. I changed my theme, I cleared cache, same thing.
    What versions of software are you using?
    Operating System: … Cloud Linux Offered By Name Cheap Shared Hosting - php7.1 Most Extensions Enabled accept Source Guardian see https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9697/2219/php-modules-and-extensions-on-shared-hosting-servers for details
    SocialEngine PHP Version: … 4.9.2p1 with all up to date plugins latest oldest version being 4.9.1

• 629 posts
    July 23, 2017 4:59 AM EDT
    Donna said:

As for this being a server issue, it could be, but then again upgrading might cause a server dependency to act strangely in certain situations two.

• 6923 posts
    August 1, 2017 12:00 PM EDT

I tried adding a widget to the profile and it saved for my 4.9.3 site. It saved here too. Not sure what's up on your site. Any errors seen?

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 4:07 AM EDT

No. I might create a support ticket for this. There's a few issues I want to have checked actually.