Can a member easily share an event on fb?

• 217 posts
    June 4, 2018 11:39 AM EDT

In SE PHP can a member easily share an event to social media pages?  Please explain how.

• 378 posts
    June 4, 2018 11:53 AM EDT

Yes very easily - both in the stock Events plugin with the core and via 3rd party plugins. If you just do a little digging and look at the demo and/or your own install you will be able to easily see and figure these things out on your own

• 348 posts
    June 12, 2018 6:17 AM EDT
    cmackie said:

In SE PHP can a member easily share an event to social media pages?  Please explain how.

Hi cmackie, 

Our  Social Meta Tags and Open Graph Plugin allows the users to share their Website's Content on various Social Networking Channels. >> 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at June 15, 2018 8:36 AM EDT
  • June 12, 2018 6:42 AM EDT
    cmackie said:

You can use our "Professional Share Plugin" to easily enable sharing from your website on various Social networking sites.

This plugin will provide you various options to share your site's content like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc.

You can also use our Social Meta Tags plugin which is available in Certified marketplace here: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/social-meta-tags-plugin-1 .

This plugin does not provide sharing option, but will enhance the sharing from your website on other social networking sites by sending images, titles and descriptions of content being shared.

If you have any further doubts in using any product or setting up the plugin, then you can reach out to us at sales@socialenginesolutions.com .

Regards

Team SES

This post was edited by SocialNetworking Solutions at June 12, 2018 6:59 AM EDT
    • 474 posts
    June 13, 2018 3:05 PM EDT

Hello.
    Mikel here.

I have thought about this type of plugin for awhile. How ever I have reservations about linking to other sites such as facebook, and others. Specifically 'sharing information' and possible members information and 'cookies'.
    Question: does linking to another site and 'sharing' add further issues about GDPR, because as far as I think of it, if I 'link and share' to another company does that company then become a 3rd party company which could affect the GDPR issue ?

thanks
    mikel

• June 14, 2018 5:29 AM EDT
    mikel said:

Hello.
    Mikel here.

I have thought about this type of plugin for awhile. How ever I have reservations about linking to other sites such as facebook, and others. Specifically 'sharing information' and possible members information and 'cookies'.
    Question: does linking to another site and 'sharing' add further issues about GDPR, because as far as I think of it, if I 'link and share' to another company does that company then become a 3rd party company which could affect the GDPR issue ?

thanks
    mikel

Yes, you are right here. You are just allowing users of your website to share content which is Public on your website to other websites. SE has privacy settings for each content, so users who are authorized by content creators can only share them.

You can also use our "Professional GDPR Plugin" on your website which has a consent option. Users will see the cookies being used on your website until they provide their consent. They can also contact you regarding various concerns like DPO request, Subject Access Request, etc from within the Privacy Center Page (created with this plugin) of your website.

• 348 posts
    June 14, 2018 8:29 AM EDT
    mikel said:

Hello.
    Mikel here.

thanks
    mikel

Though, we are not Legal Advisors, however, we feel that GDPR is not eligible for content sharing as Wikipedia states: 

"GDPR addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. It aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU".

"if I 'link and share' to another company does that company then become a 3rd party company which could affect the GDPR issue ?"

Our answer is NO here. It will not affect the GDPR issue.

Using our  Social Meta Tags and Open Graph Plugin, users will be sharing the content from the SocialEngine Website they are a part of, to other Social Networking Websites and not that user's personal information such as First Name, Last Name, and Email ID so that it affects the GDPR Issue.

If you need a plugin to make your Website GDPR Compliant, then you may go for our "GDPR Compliance Plugin".

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at June 15, 2018 8:38 AM EDT
    • 474 posts
    June 14, 2018 2:20 PM EDT

Thank You SEAO.

Ive been very cautious about sharing / linking content to other sites.

In the past ive had some issues with linking as some sites requireing cookie access and information sharing rights.

That's why I don't like linking.

thanks
    mikel.

• June 14, 2018 2:46 PM EDT
    Ive been very cautious about sharing / linking content to other sites.

In the past ive had some issues with linking as some sites requireing cookie access and information sharing rights.

That's why I don't like linking.

As suggested you in our above reply, you can checkout our Professional Share Plugin, using which you can enable / disable the 3rd party social networking sites as per your requirements.

Regards

Team SES

• 6923 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:40 AM EDT

We want to caution users NOT to get any plugins that are not certified in our marketplace. Any plugins mentioned that are not found in our marketplace have not been tested, can contain callbacks and can contain modified default files.

We want remind experts to check the posting rules about ads or about posting plugin references as certified are allowed but non cert are not allowed. Thank you.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at June 15, 2018 9:32 AM EDT
    • 348 posts
    June 16, 2018 10:06 AM EDT

Thanks Donna