Thumb Images are blank after Amazon S3 transfer failed

• 15 posts
    June 9, 2018 3:27 PM EDT

Ok so I was trying to transfer from Amazon S3 to local server and it said it worked however all the thumbnail images are now showing broken links. The regular images are still there but all the image links in the storage table are pointing to image files that are now file size 0kb

Is there a way to recreate the thumbnails and re-link them?

I have tried clearing the browser cache and flushed the SE cache but think i might be missing something simple.

SE 4.10.3p1
    PHP 5.6.35
    All Plugins are SEAO however I dont think this has to do with any plugins

• 348 posts
    June 12, 2018 5:29 AM EDT
    CymonSez said:

Ok so I was trying to transfer from Amazon S3 to local server and it said it worked however all the thumbnail images are now showing broken links. The regular images are still there but all the image links in the storage table are pointing to image files that are now file size 0kb

Is there a way to recreate the thumbnails and re-link them?

I have tried clearing the browser cache and flushed the SE cache but think i might be missing something simple.

SE 4.10.3p1
    PHP 5.6.35
    All Plugins are SEAO however I dont think this has to do with any plugins

Hi CymonSez, please make sure that the service ID has been changed in your database to move storage from S3 to Local as the service ID for S3 is 2 and the service ID for Local is 1.

Here, value of S3 is 2 and value of local is 1 and can be changed according to your database.

You may contact us at sales@socialengineaddons.com also for any further assistance.

• 36 posts
    June 12, 2018 9:22 AM EDT
    Why should someone have to manually manipulate the database? If you select AWS as default in the admin panel it should work.
    • 15 posts
    June 12, 2018 3:46 PM EDT

Database is correct for storage ID

Does SE create thumbnail images only once when they are uploaded? If not is there a way to recreate the thumbnail images?

• 348 posts
    June 14, 2018 8:37 AM EDT
    CymonSez said:

Database is correct for storage ID

Does SE create thumbnail images only once when they are uploaded? If not is there a way to recreate the thumbnail images?

Does SE create thumbnail images only once when they are uploaded? >>

Yes, the thumbnail images are saved once only at the time of image uploading which are then used for different purposes all over the website.

If not is there a way to recreate the thumbnail images? >>

No, there is no way to recreate the thumbnail images.

Since the service ID is correct in the database, we would suggest checking that the data transfer from S3 to Local was done completely and correctly and that the storage being used on your website is now set to Local. You may refer to below screenshot as an example:

• 348 posts
    June 14, 2018 8:37 AM EDT
    CNDAdmin said:
    Why should someone have to manually manipulate the database? If you select AWS as default in the admin panel it should work.

Yes the service ID in database automatically gets updated if the Storage Type is changed in >> SocialEngine Website's Admin Panel >> Settings >> Storage System, but here in this case we assumed that ID would not have been automatically updated because of which this issue is occurring, so we suggested CymonSez to cross-check it and get assured.

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at June 14, 2018 8:38 AM EDT
    • 15 posts
    June 14, 2018 11:53 AM EDT

Yes the service_id is correct, however when i follow the path in the database the file name is correct but the file size on the server is 0kb after the transfer attempt. Further checking shows all the files seem to be correct link wise but all seem to be 0kb in file size. Its like it copied the file name from S3 but not the actual file contents.