Location on Profile

• 378 posts
    June 18, 2018 7:50 PM EDT

During the signup process a new member is asked their location on the first page

How do we require this to be filled in = right now it is optional on our site and I do not see the setting to make it mandatory

This post was edited by ITLJames at June 18, 2018 8:24 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    June 19, 2018 4:52 AM EDT

Please check the tutorial for profile questions. You can set profile questions to be required. If using a third party plugin or theme, please check with that expert if it's part of a plugin or theme.

• 378 posts
    June 19, 2018 8:52 AM EDT

I see how to make profile questions required and read the tut on the signup process which this location request is included in - is there a way to make signup process questions required which comes before the profile questions?

• 6923 posts
    June 19, 2018 8:55 AM EDT

Nothing that I know of. I hadn't played a lot with that as I have the profile types for registration. 

• 378 posts
    June 19, 2018 9:03 AM EDT

Ok - will get this done via a developer - thanks!

• 6923 posts
    June 19, 2018 9:04 AM EDT

You're welcome. You should get % and let devs post the stuff you come up with LOL.

• 378 posts
    June 19, 2018 9:08 AM EDT

I should!!!!

• 275 posts
    June 24, 2018 3:02 PM EDT

Did you guys experience this issue with Location Field in Profile Question.

I think its a bug

The Location Field added in a Profile Question does not match up or stay in sync with the 

"Location" in Edit Profile.

If Location Field is placed in Profile Questions , and a user enters say "Las Vegas" and saves his profile.

When you go to the User's Edit Profile >> "Edit Location" 

It will not be updated. They could have different Locations.

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 2:58 AM EDT

I was always confused with that field. Why is it called location instead of Google Map integration?