Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

SEAO Plugin Updates Redirect to a Login Install Screen

• 4 posts
    June 24, 2018 9:38 PM EDT

Anyone else having the issue where you try to update a SEAO Plugin within SE and after it downloads it redirects to a login screen /install/login URL?

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 24, 2018 10:13 PM EDT

What version of SE?

What SEAO Plugin?

What does SEAO say about this?

Screenshot please.

• 4 posts
    June 24, 2018 10:17 PM EDT

SE Version 4.10.3p1

SEAO plugin: All on the screenshot, but trying to even get SocialEngineAddOns Core Plugin (Free) updated to 4.10.3p12 from 4.10.3p2

SEAO hasn't responded yet.

Redirects to /install/login on my domain while going through the update process.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 24, 2018 10:39 PM EDT

Have you tried to perform the upgrade manually, by downloading the .tar from your support dashboard and installing through Pkg Mgr?

• 331 posts
    June 25, 2018 5:41 AM EDT
    AntlerVision said:

SE Version 4.10.3p1

SEAO plugin: All on the screenshot, but trying to even get SocialEngineAddOns Core Plugin (Free) updated to 4.10.3p12 from 4.10.3p2

SEAO hasn't responded yet.

Redirects to /install/login on my domain while going through the update process.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have provided answers to your queries via email.

• 331 posts
    June 25, 2018 5:42 AM EDT
    gs said:

Have you tried to perform the upgrade manually, by downloading the .tar from your support dashboard and installing through Pkg Mgr?

Thanks for your answer here Greg!

• 4 posts
    June 25, 2018 2:42 PM EDT

Thanks gs (Greg?) for the method. It did work for all except the Birthday module, and SEAO gave me the answer for that via email.

Also, thanks SEAO for the messages here and in email.

I have to work on the Birthday issue later today when I have time. All the other items are updated.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 25, 2018 3:38 PM EDT

==> '...Thanks gs (Greg?)...'

You're welcome - glad it worked.  I just thought it was worth a try and if it worked would get you running before SEAO was back in the office.

==> '...Thanks for your answer here Greg!...'

You're welcome.  Thanks for being a great Expert :)

• 4 posts
    July 1, 2018 7:37 PM EDT

Birthday plugin was from before it was certified and had some issues that to resolve SEAO told me to order (it's free) and download via the SE marketplace.

That did resolve that issue.

However now the old Plugin is still listed on the plugins list.

Any idea how to delete this or any plugin?

SEAO responded that I need to use their support form, however that only works if you have an active support contract. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 1, 2018 8:18 PM EDT

==> '...Any idea how to delete this or any plugin?...'

That's interesting, and actually quite concerning that it treats the Certified and non-Certified Plugin as 2 separate Plugins.  Hopefully SE or SEAO will chime in here as to if this is the way it's going to be from now on (I sure hope not).

Anyway, the below link should help answer your question.  Alternately you could simply disable it from the list.

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2121821-how-to-remove-delete-a-plugin-from-your-website?b_id=14386

• 331 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:36 AM EDT
    AntlerVision said:

Birthday plugin was from before it was certified and had some issues that to resolve SEAO told me to order (it's free) and download via the SE marketplace.

That did resolve that issue.

However now the old Plugin is still listed on the plugins list.

Any idea how to delete this or any plugin?

SEAO responded that I need to use their support form, however that only works if you have an active support contract. 

Hi Antler Vision,

We have contacted you email for this. Kindly share the requested details with us so that we can get the needful done for you.

• 331 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:38 AM EDT
    gs said:

==> '...Any idea how to delete this or any plugin?...'

That's interesting, and actually quite concerning that it treats the Certified and non-Certified Plugin as 2 separate Plugins.  Hopefully SE or SEAO will chime in here as to if this is the way it's going to be from now on (I sure hope not).

Anyway, the below link should help answer your question.  Alternately you could simply disable it from the list.

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2121821-how-to-remove-delete-a-plugin-from-your-website?b_id=14386

Our support policies are same for both certified and non-certified plugins. We treat both the purchases same and provide equal support for both. Customer satisfaction is our prime goal and we will make every possible effort to achieve it.

You can reach out to us to get support for our plugins whether certified or non-certified using the same procedure as you did in past or for certified plugins' order email us at sales@socialengineaddons.com, with the Order ID on SE.com, Order Date and Product Name in the Email Subject.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 2, 2018 4:15 AM EDT
    To SEAO:
    Why is this displayed as 2 different Plugins in Pkg Mgr?
    • 5871 posts
    July 2, 2018 4:57 AM EDT
    gs said:
    To SEAO: Why is this displayed as 2 different Plugins in Pkg Mgr?

Most likely, since it's a freebie, it was probably faster to make a new one than to remove any callbacks or source edits from the original. That's my guess. My non cert were the same as my cert so it didn't make a fresh new install of a separate product. I don't see anything to be concerned about.  

• 331 posts
    July 2, 2018 8:31 AM EDT
    gs said:
    To SEAO: Why is this displayed as 2 different Plugins in Pkg Mgr?

Earlier Birthday Plugin and BirthdayEmail were two different modules which we have merged and released as a single plugin on SocialEngine Marketplace as Birthdays Plugin

There might be possibilities that because of this it is coming as two different plugins in the Package Manager.