Email Issues with SE PHP

• 25 posts
    June 25, 2018 3:13 PM EDT

All,

Having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Had email working with an external smtp mail server then that stopper working. Then, I tried the php mail function and can't get that to work! Changed back to the SMTP server with no luck~! Any ideas, thoughts, comments, Flames?

Peter Gruessing

Galify.com

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 25, 2018 3:39 PM EDT

Any response from your Host and/or your SMTP provider?

• 25 posts
    June 25, 2018 3:44 PM EDT

I'm hosting both. The email has never worked the way I thought it would. But now, it does't seem to want to work at all!

Pete G

• 6923 posts
    June 26, 2018 4:29 AM EDT

I use sendgrid for one site and for my other sites I use our separate mail servers at BryZar. For Sendgrid, I have a tutorial at my ScriptTechs kb in case it helps, http://kb.scripttechs.com/setting-up-sendgrid/ . SMTP is better to use and if you don't have separate mail servers, then transactional mail like sendgrid is recommended..

A few things - your server may block your ports. Check that. It could be a firewall or something. 

Your ISP may block your ports. Check that. If it worked before, it's probably not this issue. This was something I recently found out with another client in Canada. Canadian ISPs are very particular and peculiar. 

Check your logs. Server and your SEPHP logs. Clues are usually there.

• 378 posts
    June 26, 2018 10:18 AM EDT

I am using Sendgrid with good results as well.

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 2:50 AM EDT

Check task scheduler. See if the mail task is running. Sometimes it can time out. In which case you have to edit a value in the database to restore the time in seconds so it can recover and run on its own if you are using Cron or Curl.

• 25 posts
    July 2, 2018 10:22 AM EDT

I have checked the task scheduler and I cannot get it to respond at all! I'm thinking of a reboot tonight to see if this wakes it up but I have the same problem with the news feed not automatically updating the news feeds even though it's been told to do so. Any ideas?

Pete G

• 6923 posts
    July 2, 2018 11:55 AM EDT

Please post in a new thread as your latest is not what this thread is about and other clients looking for the same solution would not look in a thread for email issues.