Make Notification Area a Widget Page

• 6 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:04 AM EDT

Hello,

This request is a consequence of a topic that I opened: https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/57/updates-and-friends-page-in-layout-editor

The notification area must be a widget area to be consistent with some feature from the core. A example is the follow system that make this area become weird since there is no necessity of a frienship request.

Title: Make Notification Area a Widget Page

Description: The notification area must be a widget area to be consistent with some feature from the core. A example is the follow system that make this area become weird since there is no necessity of a frienship request.

• 6923 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:16 AM EDT

Can you please give more details? Screenshot of how it is now and how you want it? I'm not clear about what you mean.

Thank you!

• 6 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:29 AM EDT

Donna, just visit the notification area. You will notice that this area doesnt exist in the layout editor so you can add or remove any information from there.

If you are using the follow feature that is avaliable in the Social Engine friendship options, the friendship widget from this area become useless. Here is a screenshot of the area: http://nimb.ws/E9cITU

This post was edited by Sieg at July 19, 2017 10:30 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 19, 2017 10:58 AM EDT

Thank you for the information. I understand now. Screenshots help a lot. Note that you can actually embed an image in your posts here too.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 19, 2017 5:15 PM EDT

Yes - good idea. 

IMHO - All pages should be accessible to ADMINs in Layout Editor, and 'content' type widgets should be broken out (but that's a separate issue - related but not part of this FR, so I don't want to hijack it or add to this here).

• 629 posts
    July 23, 2017 2:23 AM EDT

I two support the activity notifications page to be included in the layout editor.